+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relegation Fight a Definite Reality

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    At last an optimistic post. Agree bheron where mentions “far too early for gloom and doom”.
    As for LSM ... you are a miserable pessimist who relishes any opportunity to post our demise regardless our performance.
    Yes, phish against Celtic but who cares if 1,2,3 ... 5 or 7, it’s the other games that count as very few win Parkhead, who IMO have improved greatly with new manager and budget.
    I predict another top 6 finish and ask again ... Why do you bother and suggest select another sport to deride from Rio 2016.
    You're not very good at being a smart @rse pal. Not very good at all.

To try and win at any sport and fail IMO is acceptable.but failing to try is totally unacceptable.For any PROFESSIONAL manager to allow his team to lose a total of 12 goals in two games and score none shows me that he hasn't a clue about tactics,players strengths and weaknesses.MaGhee is right in what he says that Celtic will beat some team by more than 5 goals,as we still have to go there twice in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    You're not very good at being a smart @rse pal. Not very good at all.
    Accept not my finest. However I can only improve but you will continue to submit -ve posts throughout season regardless our performances. I blame the poor weather on you !!

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Accept not my finest. However I can only improve but you will continue to submit -ve posts throughout season regardless our performances. I blame the poor weather on you !!
    Apart from last Saturday when I described our win at Kilmarnock as very encouraging and fully deserved that is. I've not made a very good start at continuing to submit -ve posts throughout the season have I?

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    To try and win at any sport and fail IMO is acceptable.but failing to try is totally unacceptable.For any PROFESSIONAL manager to allow his team to lose a total of 12 goals in two games and score none shows me that he hasn't a clue about tactics,players strengths and weaknesses.MaGhee is right in what he says that Celtic will beat some team by more than 5 goals,as we still have to go there twice in the league.
    Celtic are a very good side and they will more than likely beat a few sides by five or more goals as they skoosh their way to the title. However we can't just go into games against them telling ourselves that games against them don't matter and set up to try and limit damage, which we always fail miserably to do anyway. If we're going to do that then we'd be as well asking the SPFL to forfeit or three league meetings with them right now and take the 0-3 penalty defeat as that would spare the support the time, effort and money to go to these matches and on evidence of our past two meetings with them, it would keep our goal difference down too.

Celtic will beat Motherwell nine times out of ten because they have better players, yes, we know that, and to get a result against them we need them to have an off day and we need luck on our side, but we also need to have a go at them and at least believe in ourselves that we can get something from them. Going into a game against them with no belief, lining up 4-5-1 is an acceptance of your fate before a ball is even kicked, but that's something we are guilty of far too often.

Why do people still bother what happens when we play Sellik? Anything from those games is a bonus. When we know 95% of them end in defeat, what's the point in looking for something we ain't gonna get? I'd be worried if we were continually tanked by anyone other than The Manky Mob.

Quote Originally Posted by bheron View Post
    My post is only about the Maestro91 saying that we are going to be in the relegation struggle. With that in mind, I stand by my post that the games against the bigot brothers, will not have a bearing on that.

Fair Point I get you meaning now.....

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Why do people still bother what happens when we play Sellik? Anything from those games is a bonus. When we know 95% of them end in defeat, what's the point in looking for something we ain't gonna get? I'd be worried if we were continually tanked by anyone other than The Manky Mob.
    See this is exactly the sort of defeatist, yellow bellied mindset that I'm talking about and it runs right through our club. We've got three games at least to come against Celtic this season and they all matter. We can't just shrug our shoulders and dismiss them or otherwise it won't be 95% of games against them ending in defeat, it'll be 100% and that's not acceptable. Yes Celtic are better than us and yes, they will beat us more often than not, but as I said, we at the very least need to show that we believe we can take something from them, otherwise there would be no point whatsoever in even playing the matches against them atall.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Because it was a Cup Tie and if we ever stand a chance of Silverware we need to get a better mentality from players and fans alike... That game on Wed was merely dusted over as an "oh well never mind event" because we arent expected to beat them. That attitude stinks and is whats rotten to the core about Scottish Football. Wednesday is one of only two opportunities we will have to try and achieve something other than just turning up to go through the motions in a season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)