+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On Your Bike Fernando!

Agents make me sick, and while they are doing their job and acting for their 'clients', they are usually the ones causing most of the problems here. The manager has his hands tied and has to be careful what he says to the cameras, but I bet hes disgusted with the player in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    The thing that irks me is all this faux surprise from you lot, you're acting like this is a bolt from the blue from a man with impeccable character. Listen, FF is a player who shakes the hands of the opposition and then spends the next 90 minutes trying to cheat an advantage out of them and trying to get them booked – behaviour you all excused. Now it stands to reason that a man who has no respect for his fellow pros would have no respect for his manager, team mates and the mugs who pay his wages by supporting the team.

If rumours are to be believed he’s had his nose put out of joint by Fletcher coming in on big money, so as much as it’s about greed it will be about ego driven status. Dummy spat out and he wants to leave – Chansiri needs to knock the Iron Chairman act on the head and let the lad go, keeping him won’t do either party any good.
    Ridiculous to bring the totally unfair/plain wrong yellow cards he got for diving last season into it, has no bearing whatsoever on the current situation.

As for what's happening now I just feel he has the mind of a six year old with an attention span to match...one week he's saying he wants to spend the rest of his career here, which at the time I thought was a little bit strange for a footballer, then the next week he wants away & refuses to play...it's like he lives in the moment, he obviously has no lasting loyalty to club or fans, he might have tomorrow, maybe not the day after...I honestly don't think he realises the impact of refusing to play has with the fans & his team mates.

Even if he has genuine grievances which I don't think he has except in Nando's world he should still have played to his best ability, he had no thought about the people who have hero worshiped him or the club that rescued him from Watford when he told CC he wasn't traveling...at that moment he all but broke any bond he had with supporters, he threw back into CC's face all the faith shown in him...the only way back that I can see is for him to make a statement as soon as possible where he admits to a meltdown & apologises on bent knee to all concerned.

If he does apologise with assurances then maybe he can mend bridges, if not then the hard line Chansiri looks like taking is a bit pointless, Fernando hanging around like a bad smell does no one any good so I'd get rid as soon as possible, not to Derby though who were prepared to play the game CC talks about in his Sky interview.

Anyway...thanks Nando, it was good while it lasted & I'm glad I saw you play for us BUT, Sheffield isn't like Italy or Spain, we expect something different from our players, not one that spits the dummy & refuses to pull on our shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Agents make me sick, and while they are doing their job and acting for their 'clients', they are usually the ones causing most of the problems here. The manager has his hands tied and has to be careful what he says to the cameras, but I bet hes disgusted with the player in question.

Although agents are scum in some instances I don't blame them here, agent or not Fernando should have known refusing to play is a line crossed, even if he wants away for genuine & fair enough reasons refusing to play isn't the way to go about it...have the respect for supporters who have him on a pedestal to go out & play with heart until whatever it is about can be sorted.

I feel he might have played his last game for us and if does apologise like I hope he does it's still gonna be frosty for quite a while if not forever for some.

He's shown his true colours now & if I were a club interested in buying him I'd be wondering when he was going to do the same thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Although agents are scum in some instances I don't blame them here, agent or not Fernando should have known refusing to play is a line crossed, even if he wants away for genuine & fair enough reasons refusing to play isn't the way to go about it...have the respect for supporters who have him on a pedestal to go out & play with heart until whatever it is about can be sorted.

I feel he might have played his last game for us and if does apologise like I hope he does it's still gonna be frosty for quite a while if not forever for some.

He's shown his true colours now & if I were a club interested in buying him I'd be wondering when he was going to do the same thing to me.

Yeah, you can't really blame the agent for this. The agent only advises , the player makes the ultimate decision..
    It will be interesting to see how this all pans out but what he's done is a slap in the face to fans and teammates alike.
    Apologise or get rid and the sooner the better. Dressing room harmony is paramount in things like this, so Carlos has a big decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    There are precedents of chairmen playing hard ball with sulky Argentinians. After the gnashing of teeth stand offs, said sulky Argentinians always get their way.

This discontent should have been dealt with in the off season - the club dropped a *******. Now if FF leaves it will make DC look weak for acquiescing to player power and if he stays bridges with the fans have been burnt and making him train with the kids does no party any good.
    You should thank him that he has taken the heat off your shower of sh!t for a week Katch!

He has done what he needs to do for the club to move on from this nonsense, previously the fans and club have missed out when similar incidents have occurred, I think we have learned from that and things will settle down.

The best interest of the club is what matters here not peoples ideals, we all make poor decisions in life and this was one from FF, this needed to be sorted quickly and has and for the sake of the club I can and will forgive him.

He claimed he wanted to spend the rest of his career at SWFC only a few weeks ago….how can it not be a bolt out of the blue?

And as for his character, off the pitch I have nothing but praise for the way he acts and presents himself, especially when in his own time he’s attending u21 games, representing the club at numerous charity events (the first to volunteer I’m reliably informed), supporting SCH with fundraising etc. – hardly the traits of a player that has no respect for the club eh?

On the pitch, the behaviour you mention was constantly defended last season by opposition managers, opposition players, ex-pros, ex-referees, pundits… basically people who have played the game at a high level and possess a good footballing knowledge.

Yet here’s Katch, wearing his predictable red & white spectacles, telling us all he knows more about one of our OWN players As Hoothoot says, anything to take the heat off your shower of sh!t

Anyway, as predicted, FF has apologised to the manager, players and most importantly the fans. It’s the minimum required and there’s still a long way to go to mend fences and build bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    Anyway, as predicted, FF has apologised to the manager, players and most importantly the fans. It’s the minimum required and there’s still a long way to go to mend fences and build bridges.
    A winner against one of the smaller clubs Burton or Leeds will suffice, fickle?
    You betcha, 20 years of mediocrity has had an effect....Sorry.

I'm sorry but you can absolutely blame the agent......They're parasites, that feed off gullable footballers, for their own ends......FF was badly advised for just that reason....He should have known better....If he stays, then we'll see in the next window(s) how sincere that apology was......Right now you have to assume he's been advised again, by his devious agent, that any lucrative contract from us or elsewhere will have to wait...so its in FF's interests to make life at S6 as comfortable as possible for himself.....For now....Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    He claimed he wanted to spend the rest of his career at SWFC only a few weeks ago….how can it not be a bolt out of the blue?
    Anyone who watches him play can see that deceit is second nature to him.

I don't believe you're all as naïve as you're acting. rov's doing his usual club apparatchik routine, but the rest of you don't have an excuse. If you keep snakes don't be surprised when they bite you.

You lot should be happy anyway, 12 million could buy you a couple of match winners from the continent. I'm sure Kickaball's got some irons in the Liga NOS fires.

He's apologised...it's a start, hopefully it's from the heart, also said sorry to his team mates if rumour is to be believed, if he's staying it'll be a little frosty for him but hopefully no booing while he's on the pitch, fans need to be bigger than that.

A sad saga which I reckon DC & CC have handled very well, we might still have a fantastic player.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)