+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will He Last till October?

Will He Last till October?

Listening to Pearson's after match interview made me shudder then neatly fall asleep. Think I'd rather listen to Nigel. He said no matter what formation he would have picked players were off their game and it wouldn't have been successful. What rubbish we haven't got players to play his system. Last season when they asked the 'tinkerman' why he hadn't tinkeredwith the Leicester side he said there was no need just play the system that suits the players you've got. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't change the system but we need new players to do it. After 3 years the same basic problem is clear to see. We haven't got players with guts. As soon as the opposition quickly closes them down they go into their shell. So get rid of some of them bring in fighters and a captain who can motivate and get Chris Powell to do the after match interview.

Sadly I make you right.

He is rather soporific in interviews!

There is certainly something about some of this lot which makes them piss poor under any manager we have had McClren, Clement, Wassall and pearson, this lot have been ****e in a lot of games!

I agree Pearson has always come across as boring, hes not one for entertaining interviews is he.
    But he did do a good job at Leicester and I thought he was a good appointment for you. But then again, Im usually wrong on various footymad boards

I don't 'like' Pearson but it's too early to judge him yet.
    Not his fault that Forsyth is playing like someone suffering sleep deprivation, that Shackell is a liability with the ball at his feet, that Blackman simply isn't a footballer, that Christie has so many attributes but just doesn't know when to cross, that Martin appears to have his mind on other things or that Butterfield chose today for a total no show. It may be his fault that Hughes' confidence appears at an all time low, that Bryson is being played in a totally wasteful role and that we are playing like an XI who have never met before, and that is what worries me.

Two games in FFS, he's not even got any of his own players yet. It has been proven over the last 3 years that these nearly men haven't got what it takes to get into the Prem, bottlers, under achievers or just not good enough. Surely playing the same way with this lot isn't going to work so a new game plan with a few new players will be the next plan to go for the promised land. Pearson said he takes the blame for yesterdays bad result, I disagree, the players yesterday couldn't lift their game for their first away match with an absolute tremendous following, Shame on that lot not the manager. Time to boot a few out me thinks!.

Mano you and Swales are spot on its not the manager How the hell can you blame him when hasn't even signed any of the rubbish that turned out yesterday If he signs players who turn out to be no good then he gets the blame not at the moment I get tired of saying Bent Russell Blackman Ince are a waste of time I think we can now add Martin because he clearly wants away

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Mano you and Swales are spot on its not the manager How the hell can you blame him when hasn't even signed any of the rubbish that turned out yesterday If he signs players who turn out to be no good then he gets the blame not at the moment I get tired of saying Bent Russell Blackman Ince are a waste of time I think we can now add Martin because he clearly wants away
    One player that surprised me yesterday mista was Ince. Would normally expect him to disappear completely in such circumstances but he seemed to show more commitment than most yesterday. Take your point though and you could add Shackell and Forsyth to that list, although I guess there are mitigating circumstances for the latter.

What I am most fed up with, apart from the regular lack of application from our over paid prima donnas, is the continued lack of a leader. Savage, at his occasional best, was maybe the nearest we've come recently and it's four seasons since he quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Two games in FFS, he's not even got any of his own players yet. It has been proven over the last 3 years that these nearly men haven't got what it takes to get into the Prem, bottlers, under achievers or just not good enough. Surely playing the same way with this lot isn't going to work so a new game plan with a few new players will be the next plan to go for the promised land. Pearson said he takes the blame for yesterdays bad result, I disagree, the players yesterday couldn't lift their game for their first away match with an absolute tremendous following, Shame on that lot not the manager. Time to boot a few out me thinks!.
    I get where you and Mista are coming from but this group of players, played some of the best football I have seen from a DCFC team in years.. No they did not cross the line but the system suited them and it just needed taking to the next level. Tweaks, not major surgery.
    Yes change some of the personal who can't hack it but not throw 5 years in the bin.
    Okay Pearsn is in and we have fallen into the trap that most clubs fall into.. A completely different system is to be introduced, not someone who can take us on from where we are.. Ergo.. Start another 3 bleedin year project.. Get two years in, sack Pearson because it ain't working and we start again. Swansea were the model to follow.
    Pearson has not got his players in.. Agreed but why? We can't until we sell and yes it is obvious some want away but it is taking time.. This should have been sorted or at least some movement before now.
    Mel Morris, please stand up!
    I did not see too much in the first two games last season and I was not stressing but I can see what is staring me in the face right now. A club that does not really know what it wants and constant poor decisions from everyone.
    On nor being Peasons fault.. Really.. How was that team selection against Brighton not about him? He was pissing on his turf and sending a message to the squad.. Okay fair enough in some cases but to our bunch of paperweights.. Good man management? The season has started ffs. Time for that has gone.. Demotivated players is only going to mean one thing.
    All parties are at fault here. Club, Pearson, players and fans.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)