+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a new manager

Time for a new manager

Anyone who watched yesterdays capitulation against a poor Wigan team,who had they played well could have won 7-0 will be reminded of a similar scenario in the last days of Paul Inces reign at Ewood.

It looked to me at any rate as though the players are not interested in playing for Coyle,who they regard as a joker. Too many look disinterested and that only ends one way....shades of Mourinho at Chelski last season?

Maybe if we lose 8-0 to Cardiff in midweek Venkys will do the honourable thing and pay up Coyle.........this is no knee-kerk reaction but to lose games with less than half-an-hour gone only ends one way if left unattended. Selling Duffy and/or Marshall would at least allow for a change of manager. Perhaps go to Warnock on bended knee with a small budget and a bumper bonus if he can finish the season in the giddy heights of 21st place. Make no mistake,the players body language says it all.

It's the Venky family that needs to go, Coyle is a bit part player in the complete ruination of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    It's the Venky family that needs to go, Coyle is a bit part player in the complete ruination of the club.
    Agreed ! They seem to have lost intrest in thier new toy. They are slowly ripping the heart and soul out of your club and there are no signs that they have a clue/or care.

Hi Saxo

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Hi Saxo
    Speaking of saxo ! Where is he / or her ? i hope he/or she ,has not had one of the privilages taken away..
    Last edited by Turfmoorspirit; 14-08-2016 at 05:48 PM.

As test said straight off, managers mean nothing without a club, and there's nothing sitting behind the front of house at Ewood. Lambert must have had his suspicions , hence his, "I can walk" clause before signing. Venkeys are the problem, for the last 6 years Venkeys have been the problem and the only solution is for Venkeys to go. Whatever happens, it will be better than this long strung out decline that will lead to death anyway.

Venkys Out

what a truly shocking decision to sack Bowyer. This decision is looking more and more crucial. He steadied the ship during a very difficult time. Brought in lots and lots of players who added to the squad, and gave us a huge sell on fee (if they went), and we never looked like going down. He deserved to stay for all the good things he did. But got treated like crap by fans and the club alike. Now we reap what we sow sadly. Coyle has been allowed to get rid of all the backroom staff ( namely Rob Kelly and Irvine who are both good football people) and bring in his own no hopers whom nobody has ever heard of. So 'if' they where to get shut of Coyle, they also need to get rid (and the pay up the contracts) oof at least 3 others. This will be expensive.
    Its ok saying Coyle isn't the problem, etc etc. He is, he is inept. Bowyer was not. So that's a massive oversight from fans (who called for his head) and the club. And now league one beckons, for our 7,500 season ticket holders.
    I never want us to lose, but if we do lose the next 2 matches it hastens the departure of Coyle. This has to happen soon. The trouble is now, with every day that passes, the lesser the chance we have of any right minded manager coming in to 'save us'. Which is a mute point, Bowyer did that, under harder conditions. And was treated poorly. Why would Warnock do that?
    I fear we will lose Duffy and Marshall (who are at best average champ players, but better than anything we have) in the next week or so.

I commend the 2 and half thousand who went to Wigan on sat. Fanatastic support and they don't deserve to see this. But it wont improve under Coyle. That's clear already.

What will sacking Coyle achieve? There's no budget anyway. Bring in another fall guy to take the crap instead of the Venkys? It really doesn't matter who manages the club, that's been proven. And yes Bowyer did the best job since BFS. But it's hardly the point. The Venkys were given a chance to redeem themselves and they haven't. Until they go, the club will just amass more debt. They need to phuck off.

I was the last of my group to stop going to Ewood, one even got a season ticket at Stanley rather than subject themselves to the misery of a home match. The rest now follow Rovers and wish them the best but are convinced to the core that the club is a basket case. There is no hope in their hearts that the Venky tossers will suddenly wake up and smell the coffee, they are just hoping these clowns sell up and then we can pick up the pieces. When that will be is unknown, the Venkys have not got a clue what they are doing so it may be a while yet but when the day comes when the idiots bugger off I for one will be a happy bunny. The memories of the pre Venky days will stay with me for ever, the trauma of their ownership will require therapy. I still get flashbacks of receiving the news that Sam had been sacked and leaving me in a cold sweat of what was to come.

Bob on. Dan.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)