+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dalian Atkinson

Rest in peace big man so many memories from a very special if not fulfilled talent, Wimbledon away was a pleasure and Wembley v Man Utd was just very special, taken way to soon sleep well Dalian. God Bless ����

Tragic, simply tragic and should not have happened.

You can rest in peace now Dalian.

Yes, a terrible tragedy. So very, very sad. My thoughts are with his family, especially his father.

I'm not too sure of the events that happened, but I do know a police officer will now have to live with this for the rest of his life, too. I hope lessons are learned but that people don't judge too harshly - they're the ones going into a situation when the rest of us are running away and it's all too easy to misjudge things. No-one could have expected this to happen ...

As others have said, give it your all for Dalian, Villa. Your Wimbledon goal will stay alive for ever for Villans to enjoy ...

Travel safely Dalian.

How sad and tragic this is.. Definitely one of my favs and remember some cracking goals..

RIP Dalian

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    How sad and tragic this is.. Definitely one of my favs and remember some cracking goals..

RIP Dalian
    Death is a horrible thing for everyone involved and will come to us all one day but when snuffed out like this it is hard to comprehend. The police are there to protect us not harm or kill us, this is not a gun slinging town in Texas, just a quiet one in Telford. I cannot help but feel angry tonight, a man suffering with kidney and heart problems, shot needlessly by the police oh and no one tell me it was only a Tazer, 10 people a year die because of these weapons!

I am sure once we have all the facts that this death could have been avoided, I feel for his Family and friends and us all, he was a Holte end Hero, we will miss him but never forget him! RIP big man, they cannot harm you now.

Have to agree with you TD, I am sure the level of training the police receive is to a very high standard and in the moment they have to make a decision. If he was armed and threatening them it's a different situation, clearly he wasn't either of those things according to witnesses. He was reportedly having some kind of mental episode and that should have been recognised, is there anything to suggest the police use tasers too readily? Bloody worrying that 10+ people die as a result - out of how many?

In the first year of the premier league we came 2nd to Manure ... I have no doubt whatsoever that if sick note would have stayed fit all season we would have won it by 10 points ... That's how good his partnership was with Deano...... Cyrille stepped in but he was way past his best by then ..

RIP sicknote

Thoughts of Big Fat Ron as well Iwuz?

Is anyone keeping updated on the murder trial of Dalian.

It’s horrific what that thug and his cohort allegedly did to him.

Unbelievable really Dalian died in August 2016 and even allowing for the pandemic it’s took this long for the case to go to court.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/bla...urder-20519228

No, I hadn't seen that, Rosie.

Obviously, if true about the head kicking, I completely retract my comment made in ignorance at the time. There's absolutely no excuse for that, it's vicious and sickening. Yes, absolutely, it was 3 and a half years before the pandemic began - far too long.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)