+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World's greenest football club

World's greenest football club

In about 15years time (sooner hopefully) this will be the new normal for all football clubs (and businesses)

Some very simple measures that are a no-brainer are solar-powered lighting, harvesting rainwater, all of which will save on running costs after the initial investment.

I can give an environmental argument for keeping some meat and animal based catering

but well done Dale Vince a man who does not compromise on his principles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45677536

Nice set up for a small club but would it work at say Wembley, Old Trafford or Anfield?

As for the new all wooden stadium, it's been on the back burner for the last 3 seasons and doesn't seem anywhere nearer to being started on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nice set up for a small club but would it work at say Wembley, Old Trafford or Anfield?

As for the new all wooden stadium, it's been on the back burner for the last 3 seasons and doesn't seem anywhere nearer to being started on.
    Anything can be done if you have enough money and put your mind to it. Climate Pledge Arena here in Seattle is nearing completion for use by the NHL and WNBA teams (and if they ever get one back an NBA team). It's the redevelopment of an older stadium that was built for the 1962 World Fair and has included lifting and retaining the iconic (i.e. protected) roof that weights 44,000,000lbs. I guess that's why it's cost $1.15B. Amazon bought the naming rights but chose not to use their name and went with Climate Pledge Arena to promote climate change initiatives. The stadium will be carbon neutral and have many other 'green' aspects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_Pledge_Arena

Can you buy a meat pie at FGR?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No which is wrong imo, you absolutely shouldn’t be told what you can and can’t eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Can you imagine trying to sell vegan only food at NYS ....

I'm sure one day a fortnight without meat won't kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I'm sure one day a fortnight without meat won't kill anyone.
    Not the point though is it
    I don’t tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t be eating, if a vegan or whatever comes to our house to eat they would be respected and be seated in the garden

Meat hasn’t killed me either

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No which is wrong imo, you absolutely shouldn’t be told what you can and can’t eat.
    That's the case with zealots like him

A self serving individual craving for attention

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Not providing you with want you want to eat is not telling you what you can and can't eat. If you go into an Indian restaurant that doesn't serve you fish and chips is that telling you that you can't eat fish and chips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast