+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad News: Dalian Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Oh dear, our over stretched police will be even more afraid to set the laws if this is the way forward. Let them police without having fear of prosecution. No wonder this country is in the gutter. If it ain’t corbyn wanting to prosecute our military it’s independent panels wanting to prosecute our police.
    Hardly a great recruitment point is it?

Mind you, if you take the Met Police as an example, you can be fast tracked to Commissioner, really cock the job up and be rewarded by being given a DBE and a host of other medals.

Oh dear, our over stretched police will be even more afraid to set the laws if this is the way forward. Let them police without having fear of prosecution. No wonder this country is in the gutter. If it ain’t corbyn wanting to prosecute our military it’s independent panels wanting to prosecute our police.
    The police don't set the laws. They enforce them and are bound by them.

These officers have been charged. It'll be a for a jury to decide if they are actually guilty.

Daftest post I've read today. The idea that the police should be able to behave "without fear of prosecution" is pathetic. As it is they frequently get away with all sorts of things. No one should be above the law and if a prospective soldier, copper or prison officer doesn't like that they shouldn't take the frigging job.

. Let them police without having fear of prosecution. .
    Good grief. Difficult to believe that anybody could actually think that this is a reasonable statement.

If you can't use guns and you can't use Tasers then I suppose there's only pepper spray left, and hope the wind isn't blowing in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    If you can't use guns and you can't use Tasers then I suppose there's only pepper spray left, and hope the wind isn't blowing in the wrong direction.
    Hmmm.......so easy to criticise.

A job that our brave keyboard warriors wouldn't touch with a very long barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Hmmm.......so easy to criticise.

A job that our brave keyboard warriors wouldn't touch with a very long barge pole.
    True Grist but maybe they choose not to in the same way that those who do, choose to do so knowing what the job entails.

I wouldn't do it for 2 reasons (1) I don't think I'd be able to manage some of the 'scrotes' on the street within the letter of the law and (2) Knowing very well someone who made it to the top in the Met, I actually think some of the top brass are worse than the 'scrotes' on the street.

Justice served.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-57495426

I just realised all this happened before everything kicked off with the George Floyd incident here in the US.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123