+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Falkirk

Steven Dobbie is a class act and he took both his goals superbly

Shamelessly stole this song from social media . It beats that embarrassing and inaccurate " we don't care if he's over weight song "

WE'VE GOT DOBBIE,
    STEPHEN DOBBIE!
    I just don't think you understand!
    He's super gavs man. Hes better than Zidane.
    We've got Stephen Dobbie

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The goals were just amazing nothing less. Don't forget he was a whisker from a hat trick also when he turned and hit it first time with the left foot.
    When he hit that effort I said to my good buddy QOS55, that would have been goal of the season to which he replied " you mean his second goal wasn't ??"

An excellent report on the game on QOS Official site conceding the Bairns had dominated large spells of the contest especially in the first half and near the end (their corner count was around 10) while Lee Robinson has some great saves but we had a maestro called the Dobmeister.
    Last edited by Ftivano1; 21-08-2016 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling

What's so good at the moment is we are winning games when Queens have clearly plenty of improvement to come.
    The confidence in the team must be building especially for the younger players.
    Thought Jacobs was immense again.
    What can you say about Dobbie two great strikes. 😀

A pretty fair summary of the game on the Official Site. We rode our luck a bit and maybe on another day could have paid the price but the 2 goals from Dobbie were worthy of winning any game, the man just doesn't do ordinary. It's a team game however and all of them put in a good shift in difficult conditions. A bit of inconsistent refereeing (as usual) saw some fouls being given and similar ones being ignored, and I mean for both teams, maybe another reason why people are turning their back on the game but that's a discussion for another day.
    We have now played 3 of the more fancied teams in the division, Dundee United, Hibs (Cup game) and now Falkirk and shown that we can compete with the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    A pretty fair summary of the game on the Official Site. We rode our luck a bit and maybe on another day could have paid the price but the 2 goals from Dobbie were worthy of winning any game, the man just doesn't do ordinary. It's a team game however and all of them put in a good shift in difficult conditions. A bit of inconsistent refereeing (as usual) saw some fouls being given and similar ones being ignored, and I mean for both teams, maybe another reason why people are turning their back on the game but that's a discussion for another day.
    We have now played 3 of the more fancied teams in the division, Dundee United, Hibs (Cup game) and now Falkirk and shown that we can compete with the best of them.
    Sorry chippy. I don't go along with us riding our luck. For me it was a masterclass in tactics from the manager and a masterclass in finishing from dobie, with a couple of decent saves from our keeper but that's why they were signed. Did falkirk have more possession? Yes they did but that was due to them having an extra man in midfield meaning millar and jacobs had to sit deep and make there tackles from kerr's passes. that meant we could have dykes supporting the forward line and I think we more or less finished with three forwards playing up front. With the ability we have up top we were always going to cause them problems and so it proved. They did have there chances but so did we, and I would say ours were the better ones, so for me the result was the right one.

Looking at falkirk, I think if they don't get a win soon then their managers jacket will be on a shoogily peg. He has spent a bit of cash and they are no where near as good as they have been in the last two seasons. Couldn't believe McCracken was left on the bench with gasparoto taking his place and Baird appeared to be playing up front on his own. There two new midfielders weren't great either, certainly nowhere near the standard of vaulks and Alston. That's them only got one point in their opening fixtures and there supporters didn't sound to happy so things aren't looking to good for them at the moment and they are in danger of losing there way a bit. I'm not saying they are relegation material but if they continue in the same vain then they won't be play off material either.

I remember looking at our opening fixtures and thinking we would be in falkirks position at the start, how wrong was I? The manager has got the team playing attacking football and has added wisely to the squad, not just with Dobbie, but also with lee, who brings a calmness to the defence, dykes is good and will get better, anderson has been decent, and the youngsters he is bringing through are looking the part, particularly like what I have seen from brotherston. I see good things for us this season and now I'm really looking forward to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)