+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time must be up for Davis

Next three games three bad results. Ryan Lowe caretaker manager anybody?

Well at least we are getting some suggestions. Anyone can say get rid of things (not just football) but they never give a viable alternative.
    A few years ago people were shouting for Dario to go and look what we got.............the Iceman !!!
    So as fans we can't pick the manager but we v=can make viable suggestions as to the replacement

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Well at least we are getting some suggestions. Anyone can say get rid of things (not just football) but they never give a viable alternative.
    A few years ago people were shouting for Dario to go and look what we got.............the Iceman !!!
    So as fans we can't pick the manager but we v=can make viable suggestions as to the replacement
    But the Board removed Dario not the fans, and the Board alone, without consultation with fans, chose Thord. As will be the case should it occur again.

Craig Hignett has started well enough at Hartlepool to be given a shot. Richard Money is a good shout too....and Danny Murphy is looking to get into management. I'm not saying he's the choice but he does talk a good game as a pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew View Post
    Craig Hignett has started well enough at Hartlepool to be given a shot. Richard Money is a good shout too....and Danny Murphy is looking to get into management. I'm not saying he's the choice but he does talk a good game as a pundit.
    Nearly everyone on here talks a good game. Well, one or two. Ludicrous of course to talk of changing the manager after 5 games and the start we have made. The start we have made is steady rather than spectacular. In many ways I think that is better. We are playing better and creating chances but still gifting goals at the other end. Room for improvement. Mid table finish I reckon.

Well like I said earlier a director stated that it would be 10 games in and a decision would be made on SD.
    I feel that if we promote from within the hand of Dario will be on the rudder and we need a change of direction. Everyone from Dario down at the club gets paid and no one will vote for themselves to get less money so I fear no change at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    A board member last year stated they would see how the first 10 games went before making a decision on the manager. Well we are getting there and things do not appear to have changed. I feel that by 10 games gone we could be well down the table and in a relegation fight .
    That's not how I recall it. "10 games" wasn't mentioned. Jimmy Rowlinson offered some support for Steve Davis, and said (something like), 'obviously if things aren't going well after a couple of months.....we'll have to do something'. I don't believe that has been reiterated, or clarified by any other board member. Somehow, the '10 games' has become almost popular wisdom.

well 10 games or two months from the begining of the season brings us to the end of September and that is the big date for me.We have 3 home games and two away in September. I can only see one or two wins in that lot. Will that be enough to save him.

Wow! There was me moaning about the lack of comment on here and suddenly it's reaally busy! Great stuff! Oh!........ wait a minute.. did we just lose a game????

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Ludicrous of course to talk of changing the manager after 5 games and the start we have made.
    But it's not 5 games is it, it's 3 seasons and 5 games.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast