+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time must be up for Davis

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Well at least we are getting some suggestions. Anyone can say get rid of things (not just football) but they never give a viable alternative.
    A few years ago people were shouting for Dario to go and look what we got.............the Iceman !!!
    So as fans we can't pick the manager but we v=can make viable suggestions as to the replacement
    So unless a fan on a forum comes up with a suitable alternative for a new manager then this means we should keep SD in charge, the same SD who has made us worse season by season for the last 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof View Post
    That's not how I recall it. "10 games" wasn't mentioned. Jimmy Rowlinson offered some support for Steve Davis, and said (something like), 'obviously if things aren't going well after a couple of months.....we'll have to do something'. I don't believe that has been reiterated, or clarified by any other board member. Somehow, the '10 games' has become almost popular wisdom.
    It was Mr Bowler that said it Bigroof, along the lines of it is a results business and we need a good start and to be challenging by the end of the first 10 or so games.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
    It was Mr Bowler that said it Bigroof, along the lines of it is a results business and we need a good start and to be challenging by the end of the first 10 or so games.
    Fair enough, though I don't recall that myself. So "10 or so", and need to be "challenging"uitably vague! I had visions of fans demanding an assessment and an announcement after precisely ten (league, surely?) matches, when that wasn't precisely what was said.
    You kind of hope that if and when it's clear that change is needed - that it will be just that: 'clear'.
    Regardless, it certainly wasn't half an hour into the 5th league game, when this thread was begun.

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof View Post
    Regardless, it certainly wasn't half an hour into the 5th league game, when this thread was begun.
    ....in your opinion.....

A decent result last night with a young side. Amazed that we kept a clean sheet - and with Ray playing! Looks like SD sat the game out and Collins was in charge. Is he next in the frame if SD gets pushed out? Mid-table at best this season and, irrespective of any cup runs, that will be sufficient to keep SD in his job. Of course, we may lose all of our next three games and this will change the perception that we had started steadily to rebuild into a team capable of challenging for promotion. If we are in the bottom five after around 10 games, the Board might take action. Whatever it decides to do, it will not take any notice of us. We just have to grin and bear it and cough up our cash to continue to watch SD's work in progress.

You do not need to suggest an alternative to SD. We already know who would take his place. Would JC change anything though?

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    So unless a fan on a forum comes up with a suitable alternative for a new manager then this means we should keep SD in charge, the same SD who has made us worse season by season for the last 3 seasons.
    Well the 0pposite of suitable is unsuitable and we don't want that so the reply to your question is obvious.

I just thought the people who want SD out h someone in mind and is why I asked the question in the first place.
    One thing it has done I liven up the forum

Today against Exeter may be decisive - a win may put us in a very good position but a loss will begin to look a little precarious.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Today against Exeter may be decisive - a win may put us in a very good position but a loss will begin to look a little precarious.
    Its a home game, we have a good right to anticipate a win at home v Exeter surely. Obv it may not happen, but its the expectation pre-match.

September is the month

Yesterday was always going to be tough (Exeter had improved) and we, in my opinion, deservedly got 3 pts. I questioned the manager's substitutions - taking off my MotM and the Captain, both of whom could have secured the win - and then we go and score and double the lead at a stage when there simply wasn't enough time for Exeter to get two.
    So, Steve Davis was right; we are sitting in 6th place; and we have two eminently winnable - or at least 4 pts - games over the rest of September. That'll do for me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast