+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time must be up for Davis

Time must be up for Davis

We had 3 poor seasons and finally dropped to division 4, but still were are garbage. Conclusion has to be manager!

Keeps doing the same things but expects different outcomes....

Definitely, as I write 2 down at Cheltenham with barely a shot on goal it seems, early season optimism is fading with what looks like 1 win in 5 and yet again a poor defensive set up this season, not good enough at this level, League 2 looks average yet we're still struggling to win games again! New set up in management needed IMO.

Quote from Davis:"Some of them found it tough physically to go again after Blackburn on Tuesday" So why aren't they fit? Tennis players can play a 4-5 hour match and be on court 2 days later or even next day. Tour riders ride hundreds of miles with one day off a week. Participants in other sports are just as active as football players. I can accept that players at our level may not be the most skilful but there's no excuse for not being able to play 2 games with a three day break, even if they did play extra time. Get the work shy twunts fit Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by wulvern View Post
    Quote from Davis:"Some of them found it tough physically to go again after Blackburn on Tuesday" So why aren't they fit? Tennis players can play a 4-5 hour match and be on court 2 days later or even next day. Tour riders ride hundreds of miles with one day off a week. Participants in other sports are just as active as football players. I can accept that players at our level may not be the most skilful but there's no excuse for not being able to play 2 games with a three day break, even if they did play extra time. Get the work shy twunts fit Davis.
    And regular people work and play sport without the dedicated daily hours of training - they cope!

I remember coming out of a Vale defeat and hearing him tell us we were 18th in L2 when he became boss and we were still above that. Well not so much now and a big home game v a very good Donny.

I just think it needs a change and has for a while.

16th after five league games is not acceptable at this level is it!

We were shut down today - and fitness was a clear factor!
    Cheltenham pressed us high up the pitch all over the pitch for 90 minutes -and whilst they didn't have ET on Tuesday, they were away at Newcastle!!
    That performance has to rank as one of my all-time lows - because I expected us to win!!!
    We were never in it!!

That said, credit to Cheltenham, they were very good - and with Johnson at the helm, don't be surprised if they are pushing for the play-offs this season.
    Their no.8 wasn't bad either, buzzed around our defence all day, was a constant menace and deserved a goal for his efforts.
    I wonder if we could tempt him north ......?!!!

So where are the people who reckon Billy wasn't good enough for us at our level. Ha, to paraphrase Proggs from another thread if Cheltenham are poo, what are we?.......diarrhoea?

With Davis in charge I did not expect us to finish any higher than mid-table this season. Despite the "lessons learned" refrain, it is just the same catalogue of errors, poor tactics and excuses every week from him. Still, after a little EFL cup run and a mid-table league spot, it is difficult seeing the Board sacking him just yet.

By the way, I wanted Billy Waters retained, though may be League Two is his level, just as it is our's under SD.

A board member last year stated they would see how the first 10 games went before making a decision on the manager. Well we are getting there and things do not appear to have changed. I feel that by 10 games gone we could be well down the table and in a relegation fight .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast