+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Time must be up for Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
    Need to win today

Would love to win, yes.
    Need to win? - not yet.
    We were god awful on Tuesday but still a point off second and still on track for that 13 game target I mentioned a few weeks ago of W6 D4 L3 that I recall from 1989.

I know comments are being made about how physical Mansfield will be but it is only Mansfield (yeah, I know, it was only Wycombe ), but as Churchill said, a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    He should have been a football manager

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    We were god awful on Tuesday
    We were GOD AWFUL today! Weren't very good v Blackpool either.....

8th in the table this morning. Despite another drawn game at home against opponents we should be defeating, I cannot see the Board getting rid of SD. He seemed to be more bothered by Udoh not going down for a penalty than the poor defending for the goal and the lack of creativity. We have dropped down a division and look at home as a mid-table side. I know we are blooding youngsters who have the potential to be good players at this level and beyond, but there is not a great deal to praise at the moment. Is HD ever likely to be dropped? I would much prefer Nugent alongside Guthrie, but HD seems to lead a charmed life. Surely not nepotism?

Still not convinced. Another dull game where I feel the best isn't gleaned from our players.

On top, don't score. Lull, which is normal, then they do score. Then we raise and equalise and the manager talks about the resilience as if it were a win. DLDDD is 4 in 15 and for me we are underachieving.

Can SD get the best out of these lads? Is this as good as they are? Not been good of late folks. Don't score many, always concede.

Need a win on Sat, not another dull game draw.

I am always impressed by the impact Warnock has on any team he manages. All we get is SD telling us how well we have done, and the HD goal that was not given will provide some cover for him. I think that we are a better team than the results we are getting, though the midfield needs sorting out. If we do not start winning soon, we will start dropping down the table. We are a team rebuilding after a traumatic three seasons and it will take this season to turn it around. However, we need to start seeing a gradual improvement and I remain unconvinced that SD is the long-term future.

The next two games will define our season . Both teams are lower down in the league and we should pick up 6 points. If we do not and teams below us all win we could be in 15th position heading the wrong way. Then SD will have some explaining to do. The board will stick with him as home gates are holding up and there is no vocal sounds being made against him at home games so from there view all is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    The next two games will define our season . Both teams are lower down in the league and we should pick up 6 points. If we do not and teams below us all win we could be in 15th position heading the wrong way. Then SD will have some explaining to do. The board will stick with him as home gates are holding up and there is no vocal sounds being made against him at home games so from there view all is fine.
    It is pretty unlikely that all those below us will win. For a start some will be playing each other. Also, we are improving. We must be, Many on here had us pegged for successive relegations. let gonna happen. We are playing some decent stuff with some good young players. Not much wrong in my eyes. Yes, we need to improve. Who doesn't? We will finish in the top 10

Some decent stuff. Now you are making me laugh. The football is not good presently if you think back the way we used to play with the ball on the ground and open teams up that was good football. A couple of lost games and we could be looking at relegation on the other hand two wins and a top 4 place . We will see after the next two matches but I have a gut feeling

Nothing less than a win on Saturday will do. If we cannot beat Yeovil (and probably Orient) then SD's position should come under serious question, and our league position then will underline the concern the majority of fans are feeling. I did say at the start of the season I would settle for a mid-table finish as long as there were clear signs of progression during the following season. We are surely too good to go down but we had better start winning (via our traditional passing game or ugly) or the points differential between our current 8th and relegation flirting will soon narrow.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567