+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub's and clubs you

Pub's and clubs you

Frequented as a young man/lad
    Early ****s was the beach ballroom dancing on a Saturday night 1973-1974. Walk round the dance hall and look at the nice looking lassies .

Left school there it all started D I S C O..

Used go to the the Lodge top end of union street fantastic happy disco sounds ..

Travelled around Scotland winning prizes for my disco dancing skills.

The Manhattan on the Clyde just off Glasgow city centre was the real in p!ace at the time ..
    The owners must have thought they were Scotlands answer to New York's Studio 54

The bouncers at the door would select who got in or not if you were ugly yes the blokes included you were told you weren't getting in.

No prob!em for the Gorgeous Buc I didn't look like this all the time .

Even Paisley's Valentinos 1& 2 was I deed very popular .

So what about you lads ..

Im actually still frequenting the same places as i did and they are all still open all these years later which is good because alot of pubs come and go.

Pub wise, alot has changed as i dont live in town anymore but when i am i still go to the same ones that i have for years. Pittodrie Bar, Prince of Wales, The Moorings, Wordies, Mither Tap and The Butchers Arms. But in recent times ive been also going to The Wig as its Pacbros local

Club wise it was never my scene, if i want late night drinking its Drummonds or the Moorings

A special mention to Glasgows Bier Hall, Solid Rock Cafe, Snaffle Bit, Nice N Sleazys, Rufus T Fireflys and The Box which are the usual haunts when im down(which isnt as much as it used to be with Pac Jnr on the go). But i make sure i head to at least two of them when i am down

I used to strut my stuff mostly in Jamies, Valhalla, The Lodge & The Happy Valley

Ruffles Rock Club on a Tuesday night.

Close thread as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    I used to strut my stuff mostly in Jamies, Valhalla, The Lodge & The Happy Valley
    Stef
    The Happy Valley I didn't think you were old enough for that ..

And yes I did go there but wasn't too keen on mentioning that on here.

If you are a size 18-20 you may know me ..

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Ruffles Rock Club on a Tuesday night.

Close thread as they say.
    Ruffles yes but on a Saturday night a good mix with a live local band and of course disco .
    Loved Ruffles

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im actually still frequenting the same places as i did and they are all still open all these years later which is good because alot of pubs come and go.

Pub wise, alot has changed as i dont live in town anymore but when i am i still go to the same ones that i have for years. Pittodrie Bar, Prince of Wales, The Moorings, Wordies, Mither Tap and The Butchers Arms. But in recent times ive been also going to The Wig as its Pacbros local

Club wise it was never my scene, if i want late night drinking its Drummonds or the Moorings

A special mention to Glasgows Bier Hall, Solid Rock Cafe, Snaffle Bit, Nice N Sleazys, Rufus T Fireflys and The Box which are the usual haunts when im down(which isnt as much as it used to be with Pac Jnr on the go). But i make sure i head to at least two of them when i am down
    Pac.
    The prince of Wales a very young buc used to work there as an 18 year old for a bit extra cash trouble was used to feel a bit funny by the end of the night didn't know at the time but put that down to the wacky backy..

Edit to say smoked by our student customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Pac.
    The prince of Wales a very young buc used to work there as an 18 year old for a bit extra cash trouble was used to feel a bit funny by the end of the night didn't know at the time but put that down to the wacky backy..

Edit to say smoked by our student customers.
    Great pub thats stood the test of time. Was the meeting point for me and Mr Pactobe when we were at the courting stage. Used to meet her almost every friday after her work and grab a few ales before going for tea

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Great pub thats stood the test of time. Was the meeting point for me and Mr Pactobe when we were at the courting stage. Used to meet her almost every friday after her work and grab a few ales before going for tea
    Did you frequent the Prince of Wales whilst at uni
    Just wonder if they still go to that pub or moved on elsewhere..
    Yes it's a superb bar and indeed has stood the test of time.

Bells my first bar , 16 . Auld Harry Bell serve , nae probs :-)

as underager ,Central , silver slipper n drift inn ,
    Last edited by leontrotsky; 12-09-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast