+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wolves v Barnsley Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Barnsley are a good side, good on the ball, attack, defend in numbers and play as a team. Burton are well organised and also created chances, Nigel Clough's side will cause other sides they face problems.
    Tahh for that '71, its been an eye opener seeing and hearing a lot of fans comments after their matches against us so far.
    We're resigned to losing Connor Hourihane in the next window because he said at the start of the season that he doesnt want to renew his contract, and while he hasnt changed his mind yet hes been brilliant so far and is the current Champship player of the month. Sam Winnall has said the same as well so we're going to have be careful regarding these two.
    I reckon the so called bubble will burst for us soon and the defeats will happen, but Im starting to see that maybe this division isnt as hard as we feared it would be at first.

It could easily have been seven or eight- Barnsley going forward were quick, bright and inventive whilst we were slow, ponderous and predictable. Even Hamill seems to overcome the massive ego and is almost a team player now.

Two ways to look at us. For whatever reason, the takeover happened late with the season upon us, and the much-needed squad strengthening happened with the season already underway. It's not an excuse to say we need time to gel.

On the other, i'm not a fan of squad rotation- decide on your strongest side (which Jackett never knew) and stick with it. We've not even seen Saiss or John yet, but the changes of late have not convinced anyone. Money does not equal success- there's much work to do.

On that basis that we could have had a lot more than 4 Jon, who decides on match highlights ?
    Because those highlights were appalling and suggested that we were totally under the cosh apart from when we were scoring.

Anyway, I agree with the 'pick & stick with your best' idea and I cant understand the so called rotation thing either. If a team is working well and resutls are good, then why change it.

I've gotta be honest, I've not seen the highlights- it was bad enough watching it first time

A video nasty from a past meeting between the two sides, remember it well, unfortunately.

Well remember standing on that South Bank

Brings back good memories that '71, we had a cracking team in 90-91 and just missed out on the play offs.
    By the way that 0-5 win earned us the Barclays performance of the week award, and we earned it again the following season after another win at Wolves!

Oh my good god what a fecking shambles! Thank god I was unknowing and unseeing 5000 miles away it would have broke my heart. But I tell you what after watching this I have nothing but admiration and respect for all you guys that stuck with the Wanderers through which was obviously a verk bleak period to say the least.

Woles ay ya!

Bear in mind Woody that Wolves had only recently come back from the old 4th Division.
    So a few years of consolidation in the 2nd Divison in the early 90s cant have been that bad ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)