+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Missed the boat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Missed the boat

Watching the game this evening and I was thinking to myself about the days when we well matched teams like Arsenal,
    How times have changed,
    in the early 90's we were a top 6 side but now we're years behind,
    Arsenal tonight were all one and two touch football and it seemed like a training session for them, the diffence between Championship and Premier League football is miles apart, Forest played five or six touch football and needed 8 chances not to score and Arsenal played one and two touch football with 6 chances to score 4, sad to see really,
    I'll probably be a grandfather before we see Arsenal type football again at the CG again.

Excuse my grammer, just got home, cream crackered, got to get up at half 5, for the love of Forest a?.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    Watching the game this evening and I was thinking to myself about the days when we well matched teams like Arsenal,
    How times have changed,
    in the early 90's we were a top 6 side but now we're years behind,
    Arsenal tonight were all one and two touch football and it seemed like a training session for them, the diffence between Championship and Premier League football is miles apart, Forest played five or six touch football and needed 8 chances not to score and Arsenal played one and two touch football with 6 chances to score 4, sad to see really,
    I'll probably be a grandfather before we see Arsenal type football again at the CG again.
    Yes things have changed. A few clubs with lots of money are able to buy the best talent around. The game is even more governed by market forces. Is there anyway we can get back to when the best players from one town played the best from another town. Apart from the Olympics I'm getting really disenchanted with sport today.

Theres no chance now.
    We even have a chairman again who sells on our best talent.

Burke/Bamford etc.

I know it's a business, but to what end?

I'd sooner pay to watch a Burke and Bamford from the academy, than any of the ££££ mercenaries we've signed over the years.

Tricky I'm surprised at you letting Ramaris get away with talking shi. on that other post what a dic.head he is

Bamford has hardly gone on to be a world beater.lools like his attitude is getting in the way of him making any progress with a club.doughty was forced to sell him as he needed money.players move on and that's how it is with clubs like us.