+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    That assault on Marshall has had an affect on us then , seen as he is out today. No Tapping in first 11 or bench even though stated that no injuries today. The mystery man that no one knows of.
    To continue on the topic of Tapping I thought he could have made a difference today in the midfield. He shows composure and has an assured touch never looking rushed whatever turmoil is going on around him so his prolonged absence without any explanation from the club is worrying. Can QOS FC please provide an update on this players current status.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post

Match preview says we've a full squad to choose from

The full squad is available for selection with no new injury concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by 84yards View Post
    Would probably took a point at the start of the game but after they were reduced to 10 men so early in the second half I thought we'd pick up all three but it was Hibs who looked the better team for long periods after the dismal

Anyway , we're still top and we're still undefeated , Bring on Dumbarton
    Hibs played better when reduced to ten men. The weather conditions played a big part in the no score draw but I'm unsure what Queens game plan was in both halves.

Would be good to see what the situation with Tapping is also.

It`s hardly unknown for a team to announce they have a full squad available when that isn`t the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Hibs played better when reduced to ten men. The weather conditions played a big part in the no score draw but I'm unsure what Queens game plan was in both halves.

I thought 4 league games ago it would give a good indication as to where we would be fighting in the league this year. I thought at the time we may get 6 points from the twelve, but to get 10 and be a bit disgruntled that we didn't get the 12 shows how far we have come this season. We now have a couple of games against teams I genuinely thought we would be at the same level in the league as, and the chance to continue this terrific start. The side really have to knuckle down and make no slip ups in these league games as the others will take points from each other, allowing us to consolidate top spot, so the next few games should be played like cup finals and ensure we create a bit of a gap as hibs have Dundee Utd and Raith rovers, 2 hard games.

Therefore that point today may prove to be huge for us and probably a better point for us than them so long as we take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I thought 4 league games ago it would give a good indication as to where we would be fighting in the league this year. I thought at the time we may get 6 points from the twelve, but to get 10 and be a bit disgruntled that we didn't get the 12 shows how far we have come this season. We now have a couple of games against teams I genuinely thought we would be at the same level in the league as, and the chance to continue this terrific start. The side really have to knuckle down and make no slip ups in these league games as the others will take points from each other, allowing us to consolidate top spot, so the next few games should be played like cup finals and ensure we create a bit of a gap as hibs have Dundee Utd and Raith rovers, 2 hard games.

Therefore that point today may prove to be huge for us and probably a better point for us than them so long as we take advantage of it.
    Well said. Would be good to consolidate today's point with winning away at Dumbarton, then at home to Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post

I agree. I thought we had no real midfield today and Hibs had nothing much up front. Apart from a great strike by McGinn we weren't really troubled. Said before the game I'd be happy with a point and was still saying it when Hibs were down to 10 men. The lack of presence in midfield led to our forwards being stranded and way too many free kicks conceded. On another day we might have paid the price. Thankfully our defence held out. Some great saving tackles from Higgy and Brownlie but the distribution was pretty poor. That said, a point was a good pay off given the opposition and I thought the young lad Dykes played particularly well. Not a bad day at the office in poor conditions overall. As fatfan says, a good couple of performances in upcoming 'easier' games could put us in a great position.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I agree. I thought we had no real midfield today and Hibs had nothing much up front. Apart from a great strike by McGinn we weren't really troubled. Said before the game I'd be happy with a point and was still saying it when Hibs were down to 10 men. The lack of presence in midfield led to our forwards being stranded and way too many free kicks conceded. On another day we might have paid the price. Thankfully our defence held out. Some great saving tackles from Higgy and Brownlie but the distribution was pretty poor. That said, a point was a good pay off given the opposition and I thought the young lad Dykes played particularly well. Not a bad day at the office in poor conditions overall. As fatfan says, a good couple of performances in upcoming 'easier' games could put us in a great position.
    I agree with all that.

I thought we did reasonably well against the obvious favourites for the title. The tricky conditions played a part and the draw was about right but Dobbie did have a couple of half chances which could have sneaked in. Our back four with Higgins back regained their composure after the mauling at Ibrox and at this level will be difficult to beat. Even at this early stage it looks like we will be in the mix for the play-offs and we can look forward to some battles ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    To continue on the topic of Tapping I thought he could have made a difference today in the midfield. He shows composure and has an assured touch never looking rushed whatever turmoil is going on around him so his prolonged absence without any explanation from the club is worrying. Can QOS FC please provide an update on this players current status.
    Tapping the Lord Lucan of Queens

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Definitely watched the same game as you! Not uncommon is it to read posts after a match and think, "WOT?!"

Don't think there are "easier" games, or at least the manager has to keep the players' energy levels up. Both those teams have had some decent results so far.

Bit concerned about Jacobs and Marshall being missing for a few games.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)