+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Queens v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    I agree. I thought we had no real midfield today and Hibs had nothing much up front. Apart from a great strike by McGinn we weren't really troubled. Said before the game I'd be happy with a point and was still saying it when Hibs were down to 10 men. The lack of presence in midfield led to our forwards being stranded and way too many free kicks conceded. On another day we might have paid the price. Thankfully our defence held out. Some great saving tackles from Higgy and Brownlie but the distribution was pretty poor. That said, a point was a good pay off given the opposition and I thought the young lad Dykes played particularly well. Not a bad day at the office in poor conditions overall. As fatfan says, a good couple of performances in upcoming 'easier' games could put us in a great position.
    That's pretty much the same as I thought about yesterday's game. I was thinking to myself that we could do with a "McKenna" type in midfield as neither Millar or Jacobs could seem to win the ball in tackles. I've given Jacobs a few MoM votes this season but he's been a bit off the pace in the last couple of games (against hard opposition it has to be said). It's a bit of a concern that we seem to present ourselves with a lot of problems with stray passing, giving away soft fouls in dangerous positions and poor decision making when we have the chance to attack. Having said that we are still top of the division and unbeaten in seven games and that was unthinkable for most in the weeks leading up to the season starting so any complaints might be deemed a bit petty. On to the next challenge now at a venue we have quite a good record at, it wont be a "Dawdle in Dumbarton" but no reason we can't keep the good run going, the players just need to keep focused.

Palmerston Park capacity - 8,690 yesterday's 'official' attendance - 3,703 . I'm still wondering how and where another 4,987 could fit into the ground ????

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Palmerston Park capacity - 8,690 yesterday's 'official' attendance - 3,703 . I'm still wondering how and where another 4,987 could fit into the ground ????
    The Portland Drive terracing wasn't exactly jam packed and still had plenty of open spaces, enough for uninterested kids to run around in yesterday, and the Terregles Street terracing also looked like it could take a few more. The East Stand had empty seats at both end sections and a few seats are obviously lost with the segregation strip. I don't know if the capacity takes into account camera gantries, and segregation. The weather probably reduced the number standing in the open in front of the West Stand and at the Police "shed". I didn't really notice if the West Stand looked near capacity tbh. Whilst I think another 2k+ spectators could have been comfortably accommodated yesterday it does sound that admitting twice that amount would be a bit of a crush to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Terregles Street terracing would hold a lot more, as would the Portland Road terracing. Also, the main stand wasn't full and neither was the East Stand at full capacity.

With hindsight I suppose we should have anticipated a 0 - 0 draw at Palmy last Saturday as Queens and Hibernian each have the best goals against league record (4) of all the teams in the Scottish divisions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)