+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wolves v Brentford Matchday Thread

Longer highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Kin great Gav. Thanks. I'm a little bit puzzled by the attendance. Despite the up and downs we must be a much more enjoyable team to watch than under Kenny. I would expect us to be pulling 25,000 at least.
    Towards the end of the Morgan era fans were voting with their feet, get the so called bigger teams at Molineux, ie the Aston Villa, Leeds, Newcastle and Sheffield Wednesday's of the division and attendances will go up. As you know football isn't cheap, £25 behind the goals, a £1 cheaper if you're a member. The away following seems to be on the rise though.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    It frustrates the hell out of me when we always seem to sit deep when trying to see the game out with only a few minutes to go. Two weeks ago against Burton we started trying to waste time with five minutes of normal time to go and in the end we blew three points. Yesterday you could again sense the fear after Brentford pulled one back and with ten to go we started gifting them possession and sitting deep. Playing like this you are inviting disaster and we really needed that breakaway third goal yesterday. I would much prefer us to continue to try and attack rather than hoping to hold on. Btw, I have seen nothing yet to change my mind that Teixeira wasn't fouled in the box. He was, it should have been a penalty and the referee had a nightmare for the following 10 minutes after that incident.

Yep we survived the kitchen sink thrown at us, how I don't know but game management if you want to call it that is quite a worry with this side as its already been proved!

Mind you it don't help when your strongest players are taken off and replaced with the likes of Mason & to an extent Coady but we have what we have!

Said to my lad time a game will turn is when these get on, Price included as well and heaven forbid we see the mighty Savile come on they just not at the level for me but we have to persevere with them.

I expected to see Coady on at half time in to RB & Doc moved to LB for Borthwick-Jackson who was well under par in this game with the Brentford goal eventually manufactured down that side with Danny's inclusion. Jackson was under pressure most of the game and regardless of pushing up continually got caught behind not his normal self for me!

Said Saiss was quality last week and he proved it again! Reads the game, tackles & has excellent execution & vision with his forward looking game, best player in the side for me & certainly a player who will attract attention!

Tex certainly had his best game, both he & Costa settling in to Championship football and showing their class as well as Cavaliero who has improved each game, seems effortless as he goes round players but of course with all of these three, they will lose the ball but the midfield three Saiss Diamond & Prince, although having to run themselves in to the ground seem to be coping with it at the moment

JDB is just relentless and a real asset to the side, hard as nails and gets something out of nothing, a real gem!

Dicko & Graham will only improve the team on their return, can see how Graham will fit but Dicko will cause Zenga a real problem!

Looking forward to Wigan only hope the M6 behaves!

Great result, Wolves man of the match for me, Saiss.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)