+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expensive drinks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Expensive drinks

After seeing Pacmans bottle of whisky for 68k.
    Thought I'd get a topic going on whats the most you have paid for a bottle of wine or indeed anything else.
    I have bought a bottle of vintage wine that my wife shared with the daughters worked out at just under £200 a glass but it was for a really special occasion..
    I asked them if it was worth it they replied it was nice . So not any better that any other nice £5 a bottle of wine then ..
    But you are buying something that has been through many years of historic events.

Here is the shop he's got a dungeon full of historic wines varying in price hugely well worth a visit.

http://www.wineraks.com/

We had an all day drinking session with the owner of the Lochranza hotel over on Arran. About 2 in the morning, he brings out a bottle of Glenfarclas 1961, which I think he was planning on selling for £250 a measure. I poured myself a double with coke. I couldn't understand why he was raging but to be honest, it just tasted like any other whisky & coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We had an all day drinking session with the owner of the Lochranza hotel over on Arran. About 2 in the morning, he brings out a bottle of Glenfarclas 1961, which I think he was planning on selling for £250 a measure. I poured myself a double with coke. I couldn't understand why he was raging but to be honest, it just tasted like any other whisky & coke.
    Of course he did you ****ing reprobate.

I had some £3,000 a bottle Chivas Regal which I don't normally like but it was beautiful.

I'm in Islay just now and they are still advertising this...

Name:  IMG-20160901-WA0005-01.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  5.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Of course he did you ****ing reprobate.

I had some £3,000 a bottle Chivas Regal which I don't normally like but it was beautiful.

I'm in Islay just now and they are still advertising this...

Name:  IMG-20160901-WA0005-01.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  5.8 KB
    Aldo min, the question is, did you have one with Tizer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aldo min, the question is, did you have one with Tizer?
    I filled up the bottle of Tizer (half and half) and went on a rampage in Bowmore singing Wonderwall. Yaldi.

£20 for 2 glasses of Reed wine or £9.60 for a pint of the local stuff in Dubrovnik..

What a rip off that place is

As im a beer man and don't touch spirits its not hard for me to know as it still gives me shivers down my spine. I bought a pint of Brooklyn Lager in Trondheim Airport after doing a bit of work up in Bronnoysund. On the plane from Bronnoysund to Trondheim I was feeling rank after a night out the previous night with the Norgs I was working with. So a hair of the dog was needed.The cost in pounds 15 quid

Ive bought special reserve bottles of Ale in shops for around 12-15 pounds and that hasn't bothered me as they are rare and numbered but a pint of Lager ground my gears
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-10-2016 at 09:22 AM.

£8 for a flat pint of Dahls in Alesund was pretty grim. It's the only drink where the hangover hits you before you're pished.

The first time I had a poker night at my flat I ended up winning the tournament. We were heading up to the local after so I phoned Mohamed the owner and, seen as I was flush, told him to put his finest bottle of champagne on ice.

Meldrum Arms - 12 quid

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The first time I had a poker night at my flat I ended up winning the tournament. We were heading up to the local after so I phoned Mohamed the owner and, seen as I was flush, told him to put his finest bottle of champagne on ice.

Meldrum Arms - 12 quid
    Is the Meldrum Arms your local?

Last time i was in there i couldnt get a pint except for a flat Stella as everything else had ran oot. Left raging and afded them to my list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast