+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are you happy with that today?

Are you happy with that today?

Fair play if you are, and we all have our own views and acceptance points.

Me. Today was absolute crap! Both teams and the level.

We HAVE been sussed when a team as bad as Mansfield were can make us pleased to draw at home. My word they were rubbish but deserved their away point! And stats bear that out too!

Is that it then? Rough us up and you'll get something? Seems to be the case in my eyes!!

17 from 33, is that ok? 2 from 9 in a week and -4. Is that ok? Goal diff after 11 games is 0 - does that not say something after we dropped a league?

OMG it was really very ****e today! Is that really it, our level? If so, then for me I'd change it and have James and Kenny and Alex running it, it could not be any worse. Tactically we are inept as a poor Mansfield showed.

It was cold and it was boring.

I don't think anyone could be happy with the game yesterday. The opposition press us and so the only outlet seems to be pump it up in the air and of course the oppositions centre halfs' win it easily against our 2 small forwards. We have to kick it down the 2 channels at least.
    When Ben kicks the ball it has to be a lower projector than kick it has high as you can. Yesterday he took a goal kick that was low and Lowey won that one
    Can anyone tell me if the throw in rules have changed. Their right full back only had 2 feet on the floor in 10% of his throws and at least two were from the top of his head.
    The linesman was not looking at the feet so I can only assume the referee should be doing that. But as I say perhaps they have changed the rules.
    A fastidious referee and those are the worst as they miss the professional type fouls and are easily conned.

Absolutely agree with Proggs. My first home game of the season and it was poor. Hardly the great start from Mr "lessons learned" Davis. Poor home form continues and we will have tougher opponents to come both home and away - not confident about Luton next Saturday. I have thought for a while that a change of manager is needed, but I just do not see the Board getting rid of SD. We are eighth by end-September and I suspect that will keep the Board content for a while. I can only see the club recruiting a new manager from within so Collins and Lunt will be the next in the hot seat. Please let it be soon!

Forgot to add, for their goal, it was very naughty of Mansfield to take a quick short corner when we weren't ready !!

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Forgot to add, for their goal, it was very naughty of Mansfield to take a quick short corner when we weren't ready !!
    What! not ready for a corner - that's very un Crewe like.

Another poor home performance. Agree that we played the long ball to much and that is not our style. When we did mange to play with the ball on the ground we looked good so why pay into there hands and just huff it high. When I commented about our style on P and G they stated that long ball football is for division 2 but I replied our players are taught from a young age to play the ball on the ground and not kick it high. If we play the way they were coached we will beat teams. SD had no plan B yesterday and that worries me and I too feel that we should be looking for a new manager

What is the point of Hollands?
    Why when we needed a bit of skill on the ball did we keep him and let Bingham remain on the bench. Having Hollands means that Jonah has to do twice as much on his own in midfield. Maybe we need to stick to 4-3-3 or some version of it.

Ainley is also getting a raw deal. He's got potential but gets stuck on the wing while the ball is bobbing up and down the line between the two goals. Garrett, as previously said, needs to be aiming the ball down the channels OR for a throw as far up the pitch as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Another poor home performance. Agree that we played the long ball to much and that is not our style. When we did mange to play with the ball on the ground we looked good so why pay into there hands and just huff it high. When I commented about our style on P and G they stated that long ball football is for division 2 but I replied our players are taught from a young age to play the ball on the ground and not kick it high. If we play the way they were coached we will beat teams. SD had no plan B yesterday and that worries me and I too feel that we should be looking for a new manager
    Davis has recruited well in the summer, and has, I believe, improved the mentality in the squad. It would be the wrong thing to do (again, in my opinion)to change the manager. We are 8th and as I write 3 points off 2nd place. We were relegated last season and many on this board were of the view that we would continue the downward trend and drop into the National League. We have made a steady if unspectacular start to life in League 2 but are in a very good position and whilst few if any tipped us for the play offs or promotion it is clearly not out of the question. A season of stability and a finish anywhere above 12th would, for me, represent the team heading in the right direction. Some of the younger players, notably Cooper and Jones, have begun the season well and of course Guthrie has carried on where he left off last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Davis has recruited well in the summer, and has, I believe, improved the mentality in the squad. It would be the wrong thing to do (again, in my opinion)to change the manager. We are 8th and as I write 3 points off 2nd place. We were relegated last season and many on this board were of the view that we would continue the downward trend and drop into the National League. We have made a steady if unspectacular start to life in League 2 but are in a very good position and whilst few if any tipped us for the play offs or promotion it is clearly not out of the question. A season of stability and a finish anywhere above 12th would, for me, represent the team heading in the right direction. Some of the younger players, notably Cooper and Jones, have begun the season well and of course Guthrie has carried on where he left off last season.
    I agree Tim. Though has Guths carried on? He's had 4 poor games back to back Makes a lot of mistakes still, but on a good day he is good and on that day looks a good player.

Footy is odd. Use last four and we look shocking, boring and bad in defence. Look at the four before that and we looked ok, though some (me too) worried the opposition was very poor.

My jury is still out, but the next 3 games - like the last 3 league games - will tell a story. A poor run in those 3, added to previous 3 is a huge worry. Win all 3 and we're ace