+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The United Kingdom

You unionists on here don't like Nicola and the young lass Black they are the best quality in any party and they will finish the job .
    No fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    Black as Leader of the SNP, definitely a match made in heaven.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Queen Nicola LOL. She looks like she is in the middle of a *** change.

Now I have I'm sure we all agree great taste with the ladies .
    Nicola looks stunning whilst wearing they tartan heels she should have been a model.

Here's the young upcoming star of the SNP making her maiden speech at Westminster.

Enjoy.
    https://youtu.be/lZAmhB55_-k

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    I agree
    If Nicola finds out that you have a twinkle in your eye for a younger woman you will be in deep doo doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    If Nicola finds out that you have a twinkle in your eye for a younger woman you will be in deep doo doo.
    ACH I can't afford to be fussy .but I can always dream.

Although I spent most of the referendum arguing against it, I'm not against independence in principle. Politically I would back it as I think however much I might disagree with the slightly disturbing SNP can do no wrong crowd, there's a fairly rotten core of English public opinion which I find completely alienating: the blighty rules the world, let the migrants drown, Daily Express view of society.

It depends entirely on the timing though. Sturgeon knows that fine well and she's going to sit it out in the hope the underlying economic figures improve. At present we'd have a major hole in our finances if we were independent. We can dance around that fact all we like and try and paper over the cracks with appeals to raw emotion or paranoia, but it is what it is. Maybe in 5-10 years it'll be more viable and I'll support it.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    Although I spent most of the referendum arguing against it, I'm not against independence in principle. Politically I would back it as I think however much I might disagree with the slightly disturbing SNP can do no wrong crowd, there's a fairly rotten core of English public opinion which I find completely alienating: the blighty rules the world, let the migrants drown, Daily Express view of society.

It depends entirely on the timing though. Sturgeon knows that fine well and she's going to sit it out in the hope the underlying economic figures improve. At present we'd have a major hole in our finances if we were independent. We can dance around that fact all we like and try and paper over the cracks with appeals to raw emotion or paranoia, but it is what it is. Maybe in 5-10 years it'll be more viable and I'll support it.
    If the major hole you're referring to is the latest GERs figures it must be understood these figures do not and can't be applied to an Independent Scotland. Also closer inspection of GERs throw up a lot of anomalies. Corporation tax is is hidden off GERS because no single company declares and pays tax on their Scottish originating profits, neen o them !!. Take Whisky companies such as Diageo pay tax in London these are money raised in Scotland and taken from Scotland straight to London if this revenue was paid in Scotland. this would make a huge difference to GERs. the list goes on Argos, B&Q, ASDA, Tesco, Morrison’s, Next, Poundland, Sports Division and the list goes on and on, billions in profits are syphoned out of Scotland. In a nutshell GERs is Sh1te. And we really must ask ourselves can we afford to wait 10 years !!

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    If the major hole you're referring to is the latest GERs figures it must be understood these figures do not and can't be applied to an Independent Scotland. Also closer inspection of GERs throw up a lot of anomalies. Corporation tax is is hidden off GERS because no single company declares and pays tax on their Scottish originating profits, neen o them !!. Take Whisky companies such as Diageo pay tax in London these are money raised in Scotland and taken from Scotland straight to London if this revenue was paid in Scotland. this would make a huge difference to GERs. the list goes on Argos, B&Q, ASDA, Tesco, Morrison’s, Next, Poundland, Sports Division and the list goes on and on, billions in profits are syphoned out of Scotland. In a nutshell GERs is Sh1te. And we really must ask ourselves can we afford to wait 10 years !!
    Thing is Stewarty how many of the Joe public actually are aware of this .
    Secondly people need to start questioning why mainstream media like the BBC who will happily tell you GERs figures but not tell you the whole story rather misleading..
    Keeping Scotland down

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Corporation Tax isn't hidden on the 'Government Expenditure & Review Scotland ("GERS"), it is estimated. From it's methodology statement "GERS apportions a share of UK corporation tax revenues based on the economic activity undertaken in Scotland and not the location of companies' headquarters"

These are the Scottish Government's statistics and their Chief Statistician, Roger Halliday, takes responsibilty for them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast