+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aston Villa v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    It's good to put those two defeats against Wigan and Norwich behind us. I'm disappointed like most Wolves fans not to have come away from Villa Park with a victory.

Even before Villa scored, Wolves had numerous free-kicks in dangerous areas to try and threaten Villa. It's often the case though, one decision, the Iorfa and Grealish coming together and the ref awarded the penalty. Kodjia took the penalty well. The spell just after the penalty and i was thinking Wolves are on the way to another defeat, i'm glad it wasn't the case.

The ref was given no choice in awarding Wolves a penalty either, how well did Costa put it away? quality. Going in at 1-1 at the break, Villa may have felt they had done enough to go in in front, especially after Ikeme denied Kodjia.

Just like Birmingham City away and the second half,Wolves attacking play was superb, composed at the back and playing the ball out at a decent tempo. Villa couldn't handle Costa if you ask me, on top of his penalty, he could easily have had a couple more, Oniangue and Bodvarsson also with decent chances. There was also the Cavaleiro chance, but Hutton did well with the Villa keeper beaten.

I'm pleased Wolves ended the run of two defeats, disappointed we didn't come away with a victory. It's goals that count in football, no matter how good your side looks on the ball. Wolves need a forward that can score. Bodvarsson brings a hell of a lot to the Wolves side, but chances that were created today needs someone to get on the end of. The referee bottled a couple of decisions in my opinion. The foul by Chester on Costa and also not awarding Wolves a second penalty, Richards nowhere near the ball with Bodvarsson about to shoot. Hopefully Wolves can carry the second half showing on Tuesday at Brighton.

Spot on analysis of the day mate, not long got back but listening to villa fans on our return they thought we were the better team overall this evening.
    To me Bodvarsson is the closest thing I've seen to a modern day Mutchy or Doog since I was lucky enough to see both the later terrorize the opposition the more he plays with Dicko up front the more potent we will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Spot on analysis of the day mate, not long got back but listening to villa fans on our return they thought we were the better team overall this evening.
    To me Bodvarsson is the closest thing I've seen to a modern day Mutchy or Doog since I was lucky enough to see both the later terrorize the opposition the more he plays with Dicko up front the more potent we will be.
    Villa fans seem to give an honest opinion of the game, reading Villa Mad they give Wolves credit. Steve Bruce has a big job on his hands. A cracking atmosphere and games like today's will hopefully be played again in the top flight in the not so distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    First time I have seen most of the new players in a full game. Bodvarsson is a monster, could be the best thing that has happened to the Wolves in a long while. Costa good as well and I thought Edwards did well. First half was always going to be scrappy in a vigorously contested derby, no space in midfield, bungled tackles and passes, but when the game opened up in the second half and allowed a bit of football to be played there was only one team in it and it wasn't the Villa.

Lot of good things to take from the game, I feel with the squad we have we will just get better and better.

Any one else think that the handbags was a result of Grealish giving our boy a stamp as they were getting untangled?

What happened to Texeriar, is he injured?

You definitely deserved the win, we didn't get near your goal in the 2nd half and that was more down to a lack of creativity than great defending as we didn't put you under any pressure. Better finishing and it could have been 3 or 4 for you, class penalties at both ends.

Good noise from your fans too - good luck for the rest of the season.

WCV

Villa fans give your lot credit on Villa mad? I'll put a stop to that I will.

Walter Z has your lot playing very well. I hope Bruce can do the same for us. Costa was the best player on the pitch. I think I saw Cissokho and Chester getting down on their knees and thanking their deity when he was subbed. Chester has been brilliant for us but he was undone and you're right should have been sent off, not for being dirty mind, neither tackle was malicious.

We had some awful decisions go against us but none as bad as the second foul on Costa or the penalty not given and I was ashamed of our little sh1t Jack. He's a good player and I'm sure he gets little digs on the pitch from defenders, wish he'd grown up watching Brian Little a beautiful player who was fouled constantly but just got up and got on with it. None of that retaliation bull crap. Hope he grows out of it.

Zenga isolated kodjia from Adomah quite well in the second and that's I think how he was able to set up the waves of attack you guys had.

Again I hope Brucie can do similar for us. We stole a point yesterday. Hope we can steal more at your ground

For the last hour of the game we battered Villa and but for some diabolical refereeing decisions and some greats blocks by the Villa defence it could have been 3 or 4-1 to us. Chester was fortunate to stay on the pitch and if Grealish doesn't get a 3 match ban retrospectively I'll be amazed. I want to listen to WM's phone-in tomorrow evening, especially if that utter thick tosspot Alan gets on. That prize clown predicted a Villa win 5-0. What a ******* bellend!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    First time I have seen most of the new players in a full game. Bodvarsson is a monster, could be the best thing that has happened to the Wolves in a long while. Costa good as well and I thought Edwards did well. First half was always going to be scrappy in a vigorously contested derby, no space in midfield, bungled tackles and passes, but when the game opened up in the second half and allowed a bit of football to be played there was only one team in it and it wasn't the Villa.

Lot of good things to take from the game, I feel with the squad we have we will just get better and better.

Any one else think that the handbags was a result of Grealish giving our boy a stamp as they were getting untangled?

What happened to Texeriar, is he injured?
    All i saw at the time regarding Grealish was a heavy, but fair challenge from Coady to win the ball, next thing it was all handbags with a few players getting involved. It was only on the channel 5 highlights last night that i managed to see what all the fuss was about. It's up to the FA to sort out now.

Teixeira was on the bench, no injury as far as the pre-match build up interviews were posted on here, nothing in the press either.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    You definitely deserved the win, we didn't get near your goal in the 2nd half and that was more down to a lack of creativity than great defending as we didn't put you under any pressure. Better finishing and it could have been 3 or 4 for you, class penalties at both ends.

Good noise from your fans too - good luck for the rest of the season.

WCV
    All the best, but not in the return fixture at Molineux

It's good to read opposition views of how they have seen the game, fair play to you and stateside.

Should have won it in that second half but not to be!

Costa undoubtedly man of the match! Thinking back to his first games esp in the league cup where he got knocked around a bit, thought he'd struggle in the champ but so far he's excelled in the division!

Better with JDB in the side, thought Batth was excellent in this one dealt with everything thrown at him even though it was always thrown down his throat, on the floor it may have been a different story but that was there problem to solve! Could see the confidence in him grow and he actually played a bit. Good display from him!

Top away day, real know what Evewolf meant now about the renewed energy at games he found with his lad when he was old enough. Me and me lad were battered at the end of the day and had a real laugh!

Got to mention The Tatter Travel club who we went with. Still finding their feet but a decent independent travel club to go with for any locals on here, run from The Wheatsheaf in town, recommend them and will certainly travel with them again. Jon Purdie on board, some good stories from him on the way back and at the pub stop.

Top away day, our support is just the best!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)