+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toots

Toots

Sad, but not a shock, to hear that Toots has suffered with depression to the extent that he considered taking his own life. That was when he was 'injured' while he was still with us. I hope that our fans give him some support tomorrow. He was always one of 'us'. It's possible that he left because of other people who were able to influence his outlook on life.

Give him a cheer tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post

Hear! Hear!
    Always attracted by his 100% approach when here.

No-one, apart from those close, will really know what happened to trigger this.
    Is it not too perverse to say I hope it wasn't for footballing reasons?
    He's had to watch the likes of Powell, Westy and Murph move onto bigger and better things (all relative I know considering how it has worked out for those 3), while his next move was .............Shrewsbury!
    Not the brightest move for the "next cab off the rank"!!

All the best, Toots, in your rehabilitation.

Very pleased to hear: 'There's only one Matt Tootle' from our travelling lads.

It didn't make up for the stupid idiot who let off the flare. Riled the stewards; stank appallingly; and obscured the view of the pitch for several minutes.
    Children (mental age, certainly) like that need to learn that such behaviour has an impact on the Alex as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Sad, but not a shock, to hear that Toots has suffered with depression to the extent that he considered taking his own life. That was when he was 'injured' while he was still with us. I hope that our fans give him some support tomorrow. He was always one of 'us'. It's possible that he left because of other people who were able to influence his outlook on life.

Having suffered with depression myself he can totally have my support.

As someone who returned to work in March after nine months away with depression, Toots certainly has my full support. In general, until I went through my own mental problems, I found it difficult to empathise with those suffering similar problems. Now I fully appreciate what Toots and others are struggling/have struggled to cope with.
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 17-10-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Thankfully I have not suffered from depression, but it would be foolish and blinkered to think that the illness does not affect others. Just because you can't see it - like a guy with a broken leg using a crutch - doesn't mean you can dismiss it. Start by treating everyone with respect and a bit of kindness and thought, and those with clinical depression will find life a lot easier and probably healthier.
    And yes, I have a good friend who, on being told he had Parkinson's, went into denial and depression set in. He's currently on a psychiatric ward and not at all well. When the depression has been controlled only then can they tackle the Parkinson's.

I've also suffered from depression, to the extent that it directly played into several life-changing decisions for me. I was pleased to offer my support for Toots on Saturday and would do so for anyone suffering from mental illnesses.