+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are teetering

Quote Originally Posted by Scoular1 View Post
    Anyone care to speculate on the outcome should we fail miserably against Cambridge.

Good to see you back Corky.
    A chat with them upstairs for 'reassurance' and the phrase 'by Christmas' being mentioned.

Cheers Scou. Even had the Scotney Slash on Satdee but no worky. Hope all goes well.

Knowing us we will win against Cambridge. Actually that is becoming the problem. The heat keeps going on and off Cook and a good result away justifies his methods to him and the board. Then we come back to FP...

If we are still in the playoffs by Xmas I expect he will stay. Out of the mix and I am sure he will go.

Quote Originally Posted by chiblu View Post
    I honestly do not believe that we will get anywhere with Mr. Smalltime (Chesterfield, small Irishclubs etc.).
    For all the keep Cook brigade I would ask a serious and honest question - after a season and a quarter of inconsistency,
    inept substitutes, strange team selection and lame excuses - what and when do they think is going to happen to make things better? The pattern is there for all to see.
    Please don't come the old soldier about best manager for years etc. The others did not have the resources and budget that this guy's had. I have been watching Pompey for over 60 years. The teams have not always been world beaters but I always felt the teams (with a few exceptons) have given their all and rolled up their sleeves and fought. I don't think this present lot "get" Pompey at all.
    Totally agree, the trouble is he's wasted so much money on:

Forde (Pretty ordinary at best).
    Davies
    Talbot (Rarely fit)
    Buxton
    Lalkovic (Hardly ever picked by Cook for reasons unknown),
    Baker (flits in and out of the game but does score the odd goal)
    Smith (Next to useless)
    Main (Never fit)

An AWFUL summer of recruitment. We are saddled with their high wages now.

Words fail me at Cook's continued use of Smith. Not helped by a pretty crap keeper and a makeshift right back preferred to the 2 he signed in the summer. Doyle and Roberts best days have been and gone. I so nearly booked a seat with Lucketts and went. Bloody glad I didn't now. Play offs at the best as I've been saying for ages. If we stick with Cook (as financial reasons will insist we do) and he keeps picking the Hapless Smith and Foorde we may not even make those.

This squad could go up - the potential is there. But Cook isn't the man to realise it.

I agree with that, not sure we have the finances to move him out and bring someone else in.

To save time, I,ve bumped this thread, have a read and take out the bits that match today's performance.........

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    Totally agree, the trouble is he's wasted so much money on:

Forde (Pretty ordinary at best).
    Davies
    Talbot (Rarely fit)
    Buxton
    Lalkovic (Hardly ever picked by Cook for reasons unknown),
    Baker (flits in and out of the game but does score the odd goal)
    Smith (Next to useless)
    Main (Never fit)

An AWFUL summer of recruitment. We are saddled with their high wages now.

Words fail me at Cook's continued use of Smith. Not helped by a pretty crap keeper and a makeshift right back preferred to the 2 he signed in the summer. Doyle and Roberts best days have been and gone. I so nearly booked a seat with Lucketts and went. Bloody glad I didn't now. Play offs at the best as I've been saying for ages. If we stick with Cook (as financial reasons will insist we do) and he keeps picking the Hapless Smith and Foorde we may not even make those.
    Nothing has changed for me. Lowe was the only bright spark when brought on in what was an awful afternoon for the 16k or so home fans who turned up yet again. Took 71 minutes for us to get a shot on target and that from the right back. I've said before I want to see a winning team but I do want to be entertained. Watching this lot is far too predictable and boring.

Doyle and Rose it just doesn't work at home. Lalkovic would have been an option but rumours have persisted for ages that Cook and Lalkovic fell out. What I will say is that loaning him to Ross County is like a Russian being sent to Siberia. In Scottish Senior football Dingwall, where Ross County play, is the most Northerly team

Some weird behind the scenes stuff going on maybe, and possibly not football related? If that's the case then it needs sorting pronto, because as usual when we had the chance to close the gap on automatic we fecked it up. And that doesn't bode well for the play-offs.

Quite on the cards that come next Saturday we could be 7th.I teeter ye not

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)