+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shameful.

Shameful.

First visit to Fratton Park for me yesterday,and was quite looking forward to it.

What a let down your dump was.

Firstly, ask the stewards where the ticket booths were, wearing a Black and White shirt, so obviously I meant the away fans booth, but prat steward directs me to home fans booth, having to walk through gangs of "youths", who hadn't used their acne cream for some time. Arriving at said booth, was promptly directed to our booth, all the way back around the ground, again, "chatting" to your "crew" on the way.

Atmosphere?? Nearly 18,000 in the ground, and all the atmosphere was generated by a couple of hundred Notts Fans, briefly interrupted by a limp wristed "Play Up Pompey" rendition every 20 mins or so. Is that your only song?? Quite an enjoyable time being threatened by 14 year old kids for 90 mins, all from the safety of their stand, guarded by stewards.

Trying to get a drink before the game, only to be turned away for wearing a team shirt, thought those days had long gone?? Why doesn't your dump sell drinks inside the "stadium" ( ).

Coming out of the ground, to be met by middle aged benefit cheats and called scum!! WTF is that all about?

Won't bother with your place again.

Thankyou for 3 easy points.

p.s. Don,t even get me started on your cheating, disgraceful keeper. He should be ashamed of his antics.

You sound a bit bitter. Well done by the way. Perhaps you were a bit lucky as we had loads of chances but that's the way it goes. Sorry also about the keeper who's only just arrived by the way. Not sure if your guy caught him or not but it was still a red card as there was intent and it was a late lunge with no real chance of getting the ball. The Pompey crowd are capable of creating an incredible atmosphere, perhaps we were a bit subdued by the circumstances and the strange decisions of our manager. Idiots you get everywhere and in every club, you've probably got some too. If they were 14 year olds then they've got some sort of excuse. As for the old girl of a stadium, we've been shafted by many owners who had promised us a new or revamped one only to asset strip us and get us docked 10 points three times, hence our nosedive down the leagues. Amazingly, thanks to the hard work of a few who saved us literally minutes before being wound up, we are at last on an even keel and hopefully will rise up from our ashes. It's fairly incredible that we get the gates we do after what we've been through.

Anyway, we hope to see you again and that you enjoy your visit more next time. Play Up Pompey.

Yes dsmg, was bitter after the game / next morning after a long trek back, interrupted by diversions.

Was impressed by the attendance, not many teams below Prem Greed League get that many. Sorry to say, but yes we have got "hard men" aswell, but your stewards just let them do it, whilst threatening to lob any of us out who reacted back. They were more interested in confiscating dangerous weapons, like bottle tops.

The way Pompey fans saved the club is well known and is to be applauded.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from April 17th 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmg View Post
    Sorry also about the keeper who's only just arrived by the way. Not sure if your guy caught him or not but it was still a red card.
    Apparently not, as the red card was overturned on appeal. That means there must have been evidence that no contact was made. Any chance of your keeper explaining his actions?

Portsmouth fans were not too happy with this ref`s performance in the past, any chance they`ve changed their minds now?

The ref was looking the other way - it was the linesman who flagged it up.

Personally I spotted it straight away from where I was sat. Not our finest moment.

However, still a wild attempt at a challenge and not one of your gang would have known differently at the time, watching from a 100 yards away square on at the other end of the ground. Hindsight with the aid of a video is is a wonderful thing.

You'll get over it.

Hey ---- NORSE you dick.

Threatened by ****agers--- ha, they soon got told where to **** off to.

Crying because I couldn't get a pre match drink--- I went in a pub that was full of spotty kids doing their homework, Shepherds Crook, or some other stupid name I think

Your on the wrong Pompey message board.......Norse is on Fans on line........ Beginning to wonder if ACTUALLY you did enjoy your day out judging by your comments on Several message boards?

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    First visit to Fratton Park for me yesterday,and was quite looking forward to it.

What a let down your dump was.

Firstly, ask the stewards where the ticket booths were, wearing a Black and White shirt, so obviously I meant the away fans booth, but prat steward directs me to home fans booth, having to walk through gangs of "youths", who hadn't used their acne cream for some time. Arriving at said booth, was promptly directed to our booth, all the way back around the ground, again, "chatting" to your "crew" on the way.

Atmosphere?? Nearly 18,000 in the ground, and all the atmosphere was generated by a couple of hundred Notts Fans, briefly interrupted by a limp wristed "Play Up Pompey" rendition every 20 mins or so. Is that your only song?? Quite an enjoyable time being threatened by 14 year old kids for 90 mins, all from the safety of their stand, guarded by stewards.

Trying to get a drink before the game, only to be turned away for wearing a team shirt, thought those days had long gone?? Why doesn't your dump sell drinks inside the "stadium" ( ).

Coming out of the ground, to be met by middle aged benefit cheats and called scum!! WTF is that all about?

Won't bother with your place again.

Thankyou for 3 easy points.

p.s. Don,t even get me started on your cheating, disgraceful keeper. He should be ashamed of his antics.

They steal from their own mate, they're nothing but a bunch of GLCT's. Ask Alan McCloughlin - he's one of their latest victims and until they refused to pay him for his testimonial was one of their own. The theft from their own is in their DNA - It's what they are sadly.

Your username and icon says all we need to know about you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)