+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenga gone!?

Zenga gone!?

That's what it says in the daily mail. Does not surprise me knowing the Chinese, but who or what next? Going to be interesting.

Kinnel that didn't last long!!

I was just going to comment in the quarter season evaluation thread, asking where Tony's fickleometer is for Zenga. Guess he won't have to make one now.

Surprised at the timing. He wasn't the first choice and I feel a bit for Zenga having to come in just moments before the season started. August and September didn't look atrocious, but October was rough.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Kinnel that didn't last long!!
    He was kinawful that's why mate!

OK WZ has gone. We have effectively 12 WZ players on our books (I think); Fosun has spent a small fortune on transfers and presumeably continues to spend a small fortune on wages. We get a new manager what does he do with the existing players? When and can he buy any new players (transfer window??)

Ridiculous decision but at least that minority will be happy. We really deserve what we get.

Surprised me really. I thought you were excellent at our place but I suppose with not seeing you week in I don't know the full story.

Big Sam coming home????

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    OK WZ has gone. We have effectively 12 WZ players on our books (I think)
    They weren't Zenga's players Bill. Most of the new players were linked to Jorge Mendes in one way or other. I'm not at all surprised by Walter's sacking, nor am I saddened, you only have to look at his past history to see it repeating itself.

I can't say i'm surprised that he's been sacked. Results of late have been poor. He wasn't first choice for the job and was nothing more than stop gap in the new era under Fosun. It's easy to point to him not having a pre-season, but Steve Bruce has gone in at Villa and already they are showing signs of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    They weren't Zenga's players Bill. Most of the new players were linked to Jorge Mendes in one way or other. I'm not at all surprised by Walter's sacking, nor am I saddened, you only have to look at his past history to see it repeating itself.

I remember posting on the Saturday of his appointment, that looking at his track record, things were unlikely to end well!
    I know it's contentious but I'd go and pick Allardyce up right now!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)