+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come out come out

Come out come out

Wherever you are hiding..

Champs
    Robin
    Needs
    Saxo
    Aucks
    Big goon
    Painter Pat
    Milly
    Test

Etc etc
    This board needs you..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Wherever you are hiding..

Champs
    Robin
    Needs
    Saxo
    Aucks
    Big goon
    Painter Pat
    Milly
    Test

Etc etc
    This board needs you..
    I know, Alf. It is depressing. We just can't seem to generate a discussion any more.
    To be honest, we get so few reports on players and games from board-members that there is no starting -point.
    Perhaps I should write about Maggie Thatcher again to get things stirred up!
    I never rated her as a centre-forward.

Sadly the board is dying alongside this wonderful football club
    the reason?
    not the position we are in but the way we have found ourselves in this position
    venkys have stumbled from one cock up to another and while doing this has completely alienated themselves from the fans
    Saturday's for quite a few rovers fans are spent doing other things
    I have started to find myself filling my Saturday's and won't so much think about the result until sometimes as late as 6
    Football is long down my list of loves or priorities now
    shame really as I loved home and away treks on a Saturday
    it just does not feel like the club I support anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Sadly the board is dying alongside this wonderful football club
    the reason?
    not the position we are in but the way we have found ourselves in this position
    venkys have stumbled from one cock up to another and while doing this has completely alienated themselves from the fans
    Saturday's for quite a few rovers fans are spent doing other things
    I have started to find myself filling my Saturday's and won't so much think about the result until sometimes as late as 6
    Football is long down my list of loves or priorities now
    shame really as I loved home and away treks on a Saturday
    it just does not feel like the club I support anymore.
    This reflects for me what I saw as and believed was the inevitable consequence of the Venkys.
    Yes undeniably we are possibly back to what could be considered our just place in the pecking order, and may well have been the position we would have found ourselves regardless, given time.
    But, oh what a way to drop, with all the collateral damage bestowed upon us along the way and with that the millstone of debt.
    No one can convince me that this is not all rightly and justly laid at the door of the above.
    Who despite all of that are conspicuous by their absence, and with it the air of 'we couldn't really care less'.
    'Doesn't feel like my club anymore' (and hasn't done now for some 5 years). This mantra can be echoed by every stay away, and I very much suspect (deep down) a good proportion of the 'faithful' hangers on.
    Just how much has the club got to be high on your priorities with all of the above occurring?
    IF this had been a honourable demise those feelings would not be so harming and damaging. Yes we would not be still pulling in 20k +, that's unrealistic. Maybe even not many more than we see now, but at least the ones that were still would have been feeling a lot more 'connection' with it all, and with that some kind of hope that all will be well.
    Rather than this feeling of a lingering, debilitating fall from grace and league positioning.

My name Despair stays I'm afraid, and says it all.

I'm always here having a look in. Ok ....so I went about vocalising my annoyance recently, but the fact still remains. The board died ages ago. And its just really boring reading we will lose every week. So I already know what's going to be posted before I even log on. Which seems a bit pointless bothering. We don't even have any off topic conversations anymore.
    We have been on the wain for years now. I don't buy into this notion everyone stopped going the day Venkys came in either. Our crowds dropped loads once Allardyce made us all watch god awful football well before that.
    We have had our day, and are firmly back where the club belongs. The club is actually back to the exact point they where the day before Walker pumped his money in. The 'club' everyone wants back is the bank-rolled one that just got very lucky in the early 90's.

The club we all want back is the one who feels like our football club
    a club not necessarily rich in money but rich in values
    currently we have owners who couldn't care less about the fans and now the media exposure of the premier league has gone they couldn't care about the club either
    every season the amount of fans we have present get less and less and this is not due to where we are but what we have become
    nothing more than a clueless rich playboys mistake.

Champs is not totally wrong with his 'condemnation' re: the missing glory hunters. Yes there's a proportion that are definitely of that mind (just as there is at every club). Have we more than our fair share ? I can't say really. But how many other clubs have experienced what we have over the last 20 yrs ? Not many, Leeds is possibly closest as are Portsmouth.
    Do they appear more dedicated than ours (percentage wise - I would say certainly).
    But does this 'tarnish' ALL of our support, not for me no.

You are right on the money as far as I am concerned and that is: for me personally it's got nothing to do with where we are, but what we have become. This is in terms of the obvious - our owners and the lackies standing in for them within Ewood.
    This is far, far removed from the local club I have known and enjoyed for the majority of my life.
    I am pretty tired of saying this now, but I have absolutely no desire to again savour the spectical of Prem football.

Smile

The club we all want back is the one who feels like our football club
    a club not necessarily rich in money but rich in values
    currently we have owners who couldn't care less about the fans and now the media exposure of the premier league has gone they couldn't care about the club either
    every season the amount of fans we have present get less and less and this is not due to where we are but what we have become
    nothing more than a clueless rich playboys mistake.
    Robin. Sorry I have to disagree. Absolutely nothing has changed re the crowd that attends Ewood. In 1990 the average crowd at home was 8,100. The season before (89/90) it was about 9,200. The season prior to that (88/89) it was just over 8,300. In 1994/95 it was 24,600. (The highest average it's ever been in modern times. Now the average in 16/17 it's around the 10k mark. If anything the crowd now is slightly larger than it was prior to Jack Walkers millions. As you can see, the crowd grew in size then dipped soley down to one thing and one thing only. A very rich local mans money. Once that dried up, and his own Trust decided to destroy what he built (that was never ever sustainable in a very small, poor town that had historically gotten very small crowds sub 10k). About 14/15k jumped aboard a bandwagon. It was nothing at all to do with Blackburn Rovers. It was the money Jack Walker ploughed in. The club, the crowd, the division everything about BRFC right now is exactly the same as it was the day before Jack Walker came in. End of story. They where going nowhere in 1990 without Walkers money. Like they are now. So when you repeatedly ask for 'your club back' I'll simply repeat the question back? Do you want the one from 92-Present? The bankrolled club that was handed a pile of ££. (As I'll point to 92 other clubs fans who'd want to get that lucky just for one season) or do you want the one back from 1990 that played in the same division. Got slightly lower crowds, and where just treading water? Exactly like right now? Thanks soley to Jack Walker happening to have been born in Blackburn you just for incredibly lucky bad had a very long ride out of it. Most clubs fans will never see such a thing with their club. I get the feeling you just want it all over again. And maybe those 14k fans will return. But be warned, they will only ever stay if your winning games. If not ....back to a dose of reality ....like the 95% of other clubs and fans.

Champs you are not getting where I am coming from
    when I say wanting the club back its not the desire of the bright glitzy lights of the prem but just having a club that connects with the fans
    pre walker we had a club which was a community club which continued up until venkys stepped in
    Running a club (loose term)from India with not a care about it created a feel of the club has been taken from us
    so I appreciate how it looks like I want the big time back at Blackburn
    I don't I just want us to become that town club in which going is something to look forward to not a chore.

Champs you are not getting where I am coming from
    when I say wanting the club back its not the desire of the bright glitzy lights of the prem but just having a club that connects with the fans
    pre walker we had a club which was a community club which continued up until venkys stepped in
    Running a club (loose term)from India with not a care about it created a feel of the club has been taken from us
    so I appreciate how it looks like I want the big time back at Blackburn
    I don't I just want us to become that town club in which going is something to look forward to not a chore.
    Robin - I know I will get shot down for this by some contributors, but I still don't understand what all of this has to do with the actual games.
    We can hate Venkys for what they have done to the CLUB as a whole.
    We can despair at the managerial farces over the last five years.
    We can deplore how football has lost its local connection.
    We can detest the fact that football has become bogged down in the wider pattern of Free Market Capitalism, with money dominating all other factors
    We can groan at the the media turning footballers and managers into "celebrities" and "personalities".

All of that I accept. But there is surely something simpler that over-rides all that: Blackburn Rovers still turns out a football team every week, and - bottom line - Blackburn Rovers supporters should, by definition, want to go and see that team play, whatever their position in whatever league.
    I don't get why it has to be more complicated than that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)