+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Any views on the FIFA poppy ban for the England-Scotland game

Quote Originally Posted by Cambusman View Post
    Jezuz feck - you really could do with getting a life.

It doesn't matter when he said it. The time it references is when Germans were referred to as huns so there is a possibility he meant Germans.

If he meant rangers fans then he's stating during the war rangers fans didn't lift a rifle which is rather a disrespectful thing to say about those who did lift a rifle to defend their country.

It's not complicated. Actually this is the main reason I'm completely against referendums - we have people who can't even understand simple posts on message boards never mind the complex implications of leaving the EU
    Fuxxake. Thick as fk.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    Fuxxake. Thick as fk.
    There is no ambiguity here. My father meant Rangers FC.

Quote Originally Posted by frankblin View Post
    There is no ambiguity here. My father meant Rangers FC.
    Well, mate - the old guy I took lunch to this afternoon and went to the chemist to get a prescription for is a 'hun' - as in fan of the recently deceased rangers fc. He's one of the Scottish war blind and I can assure you he lifted his rifle during the war.

Thousands of Rangers fans served their country in WW2, nobody is suggesting otherwise. What the point is the club protected the majority of their players from doing likewise. Do you understand the difference?

I have been reluctant to post on this thread, the usual arguments are getting trotted out willy nilly, more heat than light form the usual suspects. So I’ll stick my 2p worth in

FIFA might have a semblance of a point here. If one political symbol is allowed, who knows where it might end. Some of the possibilities seem frightening, especially in parts of the world where there have been recent troubles. If FIFA were to implement this fairly and squarely (see what I did there?) they may be right to do this.

BUT

FIFA are probably the most corrupt legal organisation on planet earth and have absolutely no moral authority to do this. And banning political symbols in international football is a bit hypocritical when it is itself nothing but political

You see, the existence and status of borders of every country participating is to some extent political. The badges they were on their shirts, and the flags flying over the stadium, sanctioned by FIFA are to some extent political. They simply can’t hide from politics.

And if FIFA really do want to they would ban countries that don’t allow women into football stadia.

While being against political statements, they are more than comfortable with large multi national organisations displaying their symbols and logos. Let’s think for example

McDonalds – feeding unhealthy dangerous foodstuff to children, are allowed to provide children to accompany players onto the pitch wearing McDonalds branded kit

Coca Cola – manufacturer of sugary drinks making the world’s kids and adults obese

Adidas – exploiting sweatshop labour in the third world

Gazprom – polluting the planet

Personally I think FIFA are not one bit interested in keeping political statements out of football for altruistic reasons – they’re sh1t scared how sponsors might react

Oh, and almost forgot, the one big line that is the final line in any argument about any discussion about FIFA. Any organisations with such close links to Putin’s racist, homophobic cesspit and Qatar’s corrupt slave-driving hell hole cannot lecture anyone about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N4E View Post
    Regarding WWII, they fought to try and cling on to their thieving Empire, nothing else.
    Whereas the gallant and noble Germans were doing nothing but spreading peace, love, justice and mutual tolerance throughout the world’s nations and races

54iq gay as phukk, who gives a phukk what this gay boy has to say, join doctor dildo in the nomark section, vile vile c*nts

Quote Originally Posted by Cambusman View Post
    Well, mate - the old guy I took lunch to this afternoon and went to the chemist to get a prescription for is a 'hun' - as in fan of the recently deceased rangers fc. He's one of the Scottish war blind and I can assure you he lifted his rifle during the war.
    Wasting your time mate, anyone associated with Rangers is a hun to these vermin, the wee boy with his head split open the other week is a hun, the 10 year old boy who had his teeth smashed out with a bottle is a hun, all are hun filth in the eyes of these rancid reptiles.

The fact that celtc fans did not refer to Rangers fans as huns back then is lost on this imbecile, if his father did indeed say that then he was referring to the Rangers fans and anyone else associated with us, however like most shyte posted by this type it is very probably just more lies and his father would be sickened that he is using his memory to point score on a football message board.

Quote Originally Posted by frankblin View Post
    Thousands of Rangers fans served their country in WW2, nobody is suggesting otherwise. What the point is the club protected the majority of their players from doing likewise. Do you understand the difference?
    What we understand is that you are a lying basturt hell bent in destroying the memory of those who served their country by perpetuating the myth about the Rangers players who were servicemen.

BRITISH ARMY
    Willie Thornton (Trooper - Scottish Horse Regiment)
    Donald McLatchie (Gunner - Royal Artillery)
    Thomas Souter (Captain - Royal Scots Fusiliers)
    Sammy Cox (Gordon Highlanders)
    David Gray (served in Middle East)
    Archie Macauley (Army Physical Training Corps)
    Willie Paton
    David Marshall
    David Kinnear
    'Torry' Gillick
    Dr. Adam Little
    Eddie Rutherford
    Jimmy Galloway
    Alex McKillop
    Tom McKillop
    Joe Johnston
    Willie Knox
    R. Cowan
    P. Grant
    A. Beattie
    GDF Mackay
    (NB - for some reason (perhaps security?) newspaper reports in the Second World War normally didn't report the name of the regiment players were serving in when they noted their departure to the front)

ROYAL AIR FORCE
    Chris McNee - Flight Lieutenant
    Ian McPherson
    Eddie Rutherford
    Jimmy Simpson
    Alex Stevenson

ROYAL NAVY
    Jimmy Parlane
    Billy Williamson
    Bobby Brown - Petty Officer - Fleet Air Arm

I am well aware that this will not satisfy the usual suspects on here, but at least it will show them up for the lying toerags they are, in the meantime they will simply move on to their next lie about my club.

Quote Originally Posted by 54FairAndSquare View Post
    I have been reluctant to post on this thread, the usual arguments are getting trotted out willy nilly, more heat than light form the usual suspects. So I’ll stick my 2p worth in

FIFA might have a semblance of a point here. If one political symbol is allowed, who knows where it might end. Some of the possibilities seem frightening, especially in parts of the world where there have been recent troubles. If FIFA were to implement this fairly and squarely (see what I did there?) they may be right to do this.

BUT

FIFA are probably the most corrupt legal organisation on planet earth and have absolutely no moral authority to do this. And banning political symbols in international football is a bit hypocritical when it is itself nothing but political

You see, the existence and status of borders of every country participating is to some extent political. The badges they were on their shirts, and the flags flying over the stadium, sanctioned by FIFA are to some extent political. They simply can’t hide from politics.

And if FIFA really do want to they would ban countries that don’t allow women into football stadia.

While being against political statements, they are more than comfortable with large multi national organisations displaying their symbols and logos. Let’s think for example

McDonalds – feeding unhealthy dangerous foodstuff to children, are allowed to provide children to accompany players onto the pitch wearing McDonalds branded kit

Coca Cola – manufacturer of sugary drinks making the world’s kids and adults obese

Adidas – exploiting sweatshop labour in the third world

Gazprom – polluting the planet

Personally I think FIFA are not one bit interested in keeping political statements out of football for altruistic reasons – they’re sh1t scared how sponsors might react

Oh, and almost forgot, the one big line that is the final line in any argument about any discussion about FIFA. Any organisations with such close links to Putin’s racist, homophobic cesspit and Qatar’s corrupt slave-driving hell hole cannot lecture anyone about anything.

Probably one of the best posts you have ever posted on here,.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)