+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dagnall and Lowe out for weeks?

Dagnall and Lowe out for weeks?

With their current injuries it seems, terrible if so as without their double experience we don't look good, terrible for forthcoming games but why did Davis risk Lowe in a pretty meaningless Checkertrade trophy game? I'm hoping it won't be as bad as reported but it's not good if so.Comments?

I agree with everything stated - especially the 'meaningless' comment.
    I believe we have been seeking a big striker for a while now; Lowe and Dagnall, through no fault of their own, are more injury prone - being aggressive strikers; and the pressure on their back-up of Kiwomya and Cooper is probably too great.
    On a positive note I was impressed with Udoh at Cheltenham.

So for me it's: Get that central striker in and make sure that Cooper and Kiwomya are supported by an in-form, hard-working midfield pairing.

Lowe and Dagnall were never going to be fit to play in every game of the season so why risk one of the pairing in a game ( when the other is out injured ) that no one has any interest in .
    The big game is on Saturday against top of the league and with all our players fully fit it would seem to be very hard for us to take even a point but with the two main strikers out I might be keeping my money in my pocket for Christmas presents as we as a club appear to have already given them 3 points. I would love to be proved wrong but honestly its time for a change in manager before we get to far into the season . There is still a chance we can turn it around with the right man at the helm. A while ago I suggested Neil Lennon as he knows the club inside out but for his own reasons he went to Bolton and is doing very well . We need to look at ex Alex players who are doing well in club management not ex players on our own staff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Lowe and Dagnall were never going to be fit to play in every game of the season so why risk one of the pairing in a game ( when the other is out injured ) that no one has any interest in .
    The big game is on Saturday against top of the league and with all our players fully fit it would seem to be very hard for us to take even a point but with the two main strikers out I might be keeping my money in my pocket for Christmas presents as we as a club appear to have already given them 3 points. I would love to be proved wrong but honestly its time for a change in manager before we get to far into the season . There is still a chance we can turn it around with the right man at the helm. A while ago I suggested Neil Lennon as he knows the club inside out but for his own reasons he went to Bolton and is doing very well . We need to look at ex Alex players who are doing well in club management not ex players on our own staff.
    I agree with much of what you say, though Neil Lennon, really? You do know he is no longer at Bolton, he had a massive hand in them getting relegated, albeit in difficult circumstances, now he is struggling to get Hibs out of the Scottish Championship, a league they should be walking in all honesty, plus some of his actions at Celtic leave a lot to be desired.

You say an ex Alex player, well how about a current Alex player, step forward a certain Mr R Lowe......

The loss of the two main strikers is very worrying. Though the pair of them are not prolific, approx. 1 goal every 4 games, they do score enough between them.
    We have no real cover is the worrying thing. I went last night and Udoh is not really ready yet and Saunders continues to frustrate. He should watch videos of Lowe on how to chase a keeper down for a start. He promised so much but hasn't fulfilled by a long chalk.
    Hopefully on Saturday they both prove me wrong.
    Here's a silly suggestion........... Nugent up front?

Not convinced about Lennon as manager. Difficult for anyone to fail at Celtic given the competition these days. Not done much else as a manager. I think that the call for Lowe as a possible successor to SD is a good one. He would be an internal promotion and no harm in having a player manager.

Not silly at all. In fact I was going to suggest it. He's quite mobile going forward, can use his feet and has the height/ strength to hold the ball. However, it won't happen.
    On the other hand, I still think both Callum and Udoh have potential. I just think it's going to be wasted at the Alex. Saunders is very intelligent and makes fantastic runs in to space or drawing away a defender. However, we don't have players who look up, they're too busy preparing to pass backwards to see the run. It was the same again last night, we are unable to counter attack (despite having fast front players) because we always slow it down
    I also have to say that I'm worried about Callum Ainley. With the exception of one magical moment where he backed into and then turned a defender, he is not fulfilling his potential but is becoming more cautious all the time. This latter point is the crux of the matter- our slow build up makes up ponderous and lacking in ideas whenever we get forward.

We need a new managerial outlook now, before it is too late.

whoops got that wrong on Neil lennon

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    The match/competition may not have excited the supporters, but I imagine be at the club would have been very interested in the money that the comp generates. It may not be much but it all helps. My view is it is most definitely not time for a change in manager. Mainly because it wouldn't make any long term difference. Also, because it doesn't need turning round. Jesus, if he has survived the past 3 seasons I can really see no reason to change now. We sit 8th and in all probability will be at worst mid table. I do, however, feel that we need a target man although really only as a "plan B" as I like the way we play with Lowe and Dagnall. Finance is the restrictor though. We don't have the funds to land anyone proven so it is problematic and I don't envy the management as they seem to get nothing but criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    The match/competition may not have excited the supporters, but I imagine be at the club would have been very interested in the money that the comp generates. It may not be much but it all helps. My view is it is most definitely not time for a change in manager. Mainly because it wouldn't make any long term difference. Also, because it doesn't need turning round. Jesus, if he has survived the past 3 seasons I can really see no reason to change now. We sit 8th and in all probability will be at worst mid table. I do, however, feel that we need a target man although really only as a "plan B" as I like the way we play with Lowe and Dagnall. Finance is the restrictor though. We don't have the funds to land anyone proven so it is problematic and I don't envy the management as they seem to get nothing but criticism.
    Are you him Timmy? Only you never see a reason to change! 3 poor seasons as you say, now a drop into a very poor league (but with a better team than of late) and 1 win in 10 (or for balance 5 in 14).

When would you ever see a time to change then Timmy? I'm guessing at either never or the 32nd of Never.

Long term difference? How do you know it wouldn't? Crystal ball? Such a convenient argument that one.

"It doesn't need turning around". Ok, your opinion. But I disagree with it. In my view IT DOES need turning around still as results are showing, no worse.....as performances are showing.

The target man talk is funny Davis absolutely said he wasn't allowed one only a month or so back - categorically! Was it bull or has the view changed "Not the Crewe model" he said.... I wonder if the Canadian he had was then the answer? Seemed we finally got him working then we released?

They get criticism cos it is boring. Because the team is better than results and performances are showing. Cos he isn't getting the best out of too many. I mean, Lowe and Dags were his decision - but we rarely score more than 1 goal a game. Expensive call that I'd say....

Same old, same old game in, game out. I don't care if he stays or goes - and even that says so much!! I'm just bored of it.

See what the next 3 brings? A draw, cup progression and a win is great. Lose all 3 and surely every manager has a time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast