+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T: Last film you threw something at the telly over

O/T: Last film you threw something at the telly over

To accompany the "Fit You Watching" thread, or fitivir it's called ...

What's the last film you watched and ended up throwing, or wanting to throw, something at the telly afterwards ?

I'm from a fishing background so watched "Perfect Storm" a while back not knowing much of the back story and thinking it would be an heroic tale of a fisherman's struggle against and victory over the elements.

"It's got Clooney in it, can't possibly sink" - "oohya ***ker". (Spoiler Alert)

"Gone Girl" was another one, boy should have stayed in the bar he was in at the start and not bothered going to find her.

Kind of what your getting at but kind of nae as it was an after thought

Lone Survivor would be my answer. Liked the film. Thought it was decent. Then made the mistake of reading the book. Turns out alot of the film is complete holywood sh@te. Marcus Luttrel was 6'6. Wahlberg certainly isnt. I though the holywoodisation of the story where 3 navy seals plus a rescue team were killed was in bad taste. Anything for a quick buck

Probablly true about alot of true story films. The difference being for me i read the book with this one

The Ice Man was another in a similar vein. I read the book first then saw the film and half of Richard Kuklinskys bad ass (including the bad assest of crimes) were missed out and he was made out to only look half as bad as he was

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Ice Man was another in a similar vein. I read the book first then saw the film and half of Richard Kuklinskys bad ass (including the bad assest of crimes) were missed out and he was made out to only look half as bad as he was
    Speaking of Kuklinsky, the actor (Michael Shannon) that played him in Ice Man is very good in "Nocturnal Animals". Saw it last night.

Need to read "Lone Survivor", it's my kind of thing. (Recently re-read "Chickenhawk" about a chopper pilot in Vietnam, after a recommendation from someone on here. It's brilliant).

Not seen "Deepwater Horizon", and certainly don't intend to, but I did I expect that I'd be snorting / snarling at that one too.

(Thread-crossing alert )

Quote Originally Posted by wester_ross_don View Post
    Not seen "Deepwater Horizon", and certainly don't intend to, but I did I expect that I'd be snorting / snarling at that one too.

))
    Wahlberg will inevitably be the holywood hero in that sad tale too

(random fact, my room mate offshore was on the Deepwater Horizon but was on leave when it blew up)