+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One win in 12 now.

One win in 12 now.

Is that good enough? No, all over Plymouth first half should have been 3 up but we didn't capitalise and the inevitable happened second half, we lost disappointingly, our inability to win games is alarming now and come January we definitely need a couple more experienced players if we're to maintain any play off challenge. Any other opinions?

Agree that in the first half we were in control but the missed penalty was the turning point. Cooper after that disappeared from the game. In the second half I would have taken Udoh off after fif**** minutes as he was offering very little. SD showed his lack tactical awareness of only replacing him with 15 minutes or less to go . I thought that when he played Nugent up front he offered more of an option than any of the other strikers. He won most of his headers and unnerved there defence. I think he could be given this role for the cup reply. I was pleased with our style of play in the first half and we appeared to be always moving the ball forward were in the past it has been sidewards or back to the keeper. Green shoots are visible and hope to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC View Post
    Is that good enough? No, all over Plymouth first half should have been 3 up ..........

As a matter of interest, would you have posted today had we won, to say "2 wins in 12, not good enough"?

Disappointed with the result but thought the team played well considering how young most of them were. Nice to see that SD took up my suggestion of playing Nugent up front but should have been for the whole match.
    The penalty was the turning point and lifted Plymouth up. The plus for me was the way some of the younger players look future prospects.