+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The booing

The booing

What are people's thoughts?

I can understand it - some fans are getting exasperated, although some will be impatient. Cook didn't do himself any favours in post match saying it's easier to assess a game up in the stands than on the touchline. So go up into the stand for a bit Cook!

But when the opposition is down to 9 men you've really got to go for it. Goal difference could matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScarf View Post
    What are people's thoughts?

I can understand it - some fans are getting exasperated, although some will be impatient. Cook didn't do himself any favours in post match saying it's easier to assess a game up in the stands than on the touchline. So go up into the stand for a bit Cook!

But when the opposition is down to 9 men you've really got to go for it. Goal difference could matter.
    I didn't boo but I can understand why it happened. We were 1.0 up, playing 9 men (The 2 were quite rightly sent off by the way) who were hanging on and then we started faffing around playing Cook's Tip Tappy Football across the back, then back again. As if a switch was turned on with the boos ringing out, we went forward, Hunt grabbed his chance, 2 up. That was game over, the floodgates then opened. It should have been more than 4.0 in all honesty, to see their Goalie taking his time at the end told the story of how he was trying to keep the score down. Cook isn't my kettle of fish, I don't like his tactics at home. I find him a Big Headed, Stubborn, Put Conor on his own up front, No Plan B, Scouse git. With the squad we have we ought to have more points than we have, but I bet a few teams say that. When I go to FP (plus away) I want to see a win but I want to be entertained. On far too many times that hasn't happened. Moan over but in case there is anyone who wasn't there who is getting carried away, at half time the game was all to play for, the sendings off changed it. Enjoy your week all of you.

Went myself on Saturday and could understand the booing though not something I would join in with. I can remember not that may years ago that rather than booing the fans would chant attack, attack,attack attack, attack. At least this lets the team know what we want and doesn't come across as negative as booing does. The way it's being reported, its as if every fan was booing which certainly wasn't the case.
    Managed four matches so far this year with three wins and a draw so let's hope it continues in a similar ilk as I'm going to visit my son at uni in Cheltenham on Saturday so both will be there.

Yea team Tamar

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    I didn't boo but I can understand why it happened. We were 1.0 up, playing 9 men (The 2 were quite rightly sent off by the way) who were hanging on and then we started faffing around playing Cook's Tip Tappy Football across the back, then back again. As if a switch was turned on with the boos ringing out, we went forward, Hunt grabbed his chance, 2 up. That was game over, the floodgates then opened. It should have been more than 4.0 in all honesty, to see their Goalie taking his time at the end told the story of how he was trying to keep the score down. Cook isn't my kettle of fish, I don't like his tactics at home. I find him a Big Headed, Stubborn, Put Conor on his own up front, No Plan B, Scouse git. With the squad we have we ought to have more points than we have, but I bet a few teams say that. When I go to FP (plus away) I want to see a win but I want to be entertained. On far too many times that hasn't happened. Moan over but in case there is anyone who wasn't there who is getting carried away, at half time the game was all to play for, the sendings off changed it. Enjoy your week all of you.
    I didn't attend the game Saturday as I was in London visiting my daughter for the weekend.......from talking with my old man,brother and other mates who attended the game LDB,s comments are spot on. Frustration seems to have boiled over with Mansfield down to nine players and Naismith coming on with what it seems we're instructions to slow the game down and see it out? Personally I don't boo the players but like a lot of fans at the moment I feel that something isn't right with the way we are playing........I concur with the comments regarding PC..........he probably doesn't give a **** about me but I just can't warm to him! Sad really...

I have been angry at games at FP. I have left before the end of a game just to keep sane.
    I have never booed a Pompey team no matter what and I never will. I don't agree with those that do and I don't think they should do it at any time. I don't understand why they do. I'm a Pompey supporter and booing is not supporting, no excuses. If you have nothing helpful to offer at the game it's best to keep quiet. I have no problem with anyone moaning and giving their views and opinions on the forums, but during the match - Never!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdder View Post
    I have been angry at games at FP. I have left before the end of a game just to keep sane.
    I have never booed a Pompey team no matter what and I never will. I don't agree with those that do and I don't think they should do it at any time. I don't understand why they do. I'm a Pompey supporter and booing is not supporting, no excuses. If you have nothing helpful to offer at the game it's best to keep quiet. I have no problem with anyone moaning and giving their views and opinions on the forums, but during the match - Never!
    Agree that booing is not going to help the players and wouldn't do it myself but fans are entitled to voice their displeasure if certain players aren't seen to be trying their best. Have no problem with that at all, so don't see why the fans should keep quiet and accept it during a match that they've paid hard earned money to attend. If the players deserve support give it but berating lack of effort is supportive also.

As has been said elsewhere a resounding chorus of attack attack...attack attack attack might have been better.

Agree Scully, this hopefully will be chanted in the future.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)