+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robbed....

Robbed....

Referee yesterday robbed us of at least a point with the denial of a stonewall pen right near the end however enjoyed the game and I thought our team put in a shift and deservedly should have got at least a point. Crackin atmosphere from both sets of fans and just over 20000 on the game. If we keep putting in performances like we have done in the last 7 games against all the top sides I will be surprised if we don't make the top ten. SG has them playing as a unit and I think particularly at home the right formation for entertaining attacking football when needed and solid defence.

More than happy at the moment that's for sure and Proud of my club

Funny how all the top clubs seem to get the 50/50 decisions Gards.. The refs will make sure the geordies go straight back up by one means or another..
    I was pleased with our draw at Manure,our defence was good and Heaton made some unbelievable saves to keep us in it..We need to start doing some attacking of our own though ..

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Referee yesterday robbed us of at least a point with the denial of a stonewall pen right near the end however enjoyed the game and I thought our team put in a shift and deservedly should have got at least a point. Crackin atmosphere from both sets of fans and just over 20000 on the game. If we keep putting in performances like we have done in the last 7 games against all the top sides I will be surprised if we don't make the top ten. SG has them playing as a unit and I think particularly at home the right formation for entertaining attacking football when needed and solid defence.

More than happy at the moment that's for sure and Proud of my club
    I soiled my soles yesterday and went to see your mob; not sure bout the atmosphere from both sets of fans they were right in their regular chant about PNE being 'sh@t' you were all very quiet. Penalty, I saw it later on TV and they have been given for less.

Biggest disappointment was the coin throwing, what do you hope to achieve from it, certainly not the sympathy of the referee. The FA should whack you big time for it, particularly as the majority of the stewards were at the Newcastle end, who were, from what I saw, pretty well behaved even outside when one PNE hero was telling them to F off home.

All in I thought you deserved a point, only because on the whole they were poor yesterday and that performance is not the one that got them top of the league, I hope they play like that when they go to Elland Road.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I soiled my soles yesterday and went to see your mob; not sure bout the atmosphere from both sets of fans they were right in their regular chant about PNE being 'sh@t' you were all very quiet. Penalty, I saw it later on TV and they have been given for less.

Biggest disappointment was the coin throwing, what do you hope to achieve from it, certainly not the sympathy of the referee. The FA should whack you big time for it, particularly as the majority of the stewards were at the Newcastle end, who were, from what I saw, pretty well behaved even outside when one PNE hero was telling them to F off home.

All in I thought you deserved a point, only because on the whole they were poor yesterday and that performance is not the one that got them top of the league, I hope they play like that when they go to Elland Road.
    Well its all a matter of opinions CB but we were in their grill and played some decent stuff and generally stopped them playing and restricting them to very few attempts on goal particularly in the first half. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I thought we definitely deserved at least the draw out of it and the ref was pi$$ poor I have to say.

Great result for you Dingles Alfi 0-0 at Old Trafford and doing ok in the Prem so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Well its all a matter of opinions CB but we were in their grill and played some decent stuff and generally stopped them playing and restricting them to very few attempts on goal particularly in the first half. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I thought we definitely deserved at least the draw out of it and the ref was pi$$ poor I have to say.

Great result for you Dingles Alfi 0-0 at Old Trafford and doing ok in the Prem so far.
    you are right re opinion, I saw it that they didn't perform; if you translate that as PNE stopping them perhaps they did - my opinion was on all the missed headers and crosses they seemed to make - The ref didn't get the support he needed from the linesmen on several occasions having to call a few offsides that were not flagged. As I said I thought you deserved a point, it will be interesting to see what happens re the coin throwing, the FA would close Elland Road down for it.

you are right re opinion, I saw it that they didn't perform; if you translate that as PNE stopping them perhaps they did - my opinion was on all the missed headers and crosses they seemed to make - The ref didn't get the support he needed from the linesmen on several occasions having to call a few offsides that were not flagged. As I said I thought you deserved a point, it will be interesting to see what happens re the coin throwing, the FA would close Elland Road down for it.
    Yeah your spot on absolute zero support from the Linesman and I thought they were supposed to get more involved. Ref was still sh1te though support or not.

BELLEND Rd should have been closed down many years ago..Their fans have been throwing coins and attacking other fans in and out of the ground since Adam was a Lad..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    BELLEND Rd should have been closed down many years ago..Their fans have been throwing coins and attacking other fans in and out of the ground since Adam was a Lad..
    Take that one CB. Your not the friendliest bunch of fans in the world I have to say. Maybe its the sheer expectation that they should rightfully be in the Prem when languishing between champs and div 1

TBF Gards,this season is their best chance for a long time of achieving the play- offs.. Monk is a pretty shrewd manager and has them playing as a team.. Hope they finish 7th though

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    TBF Gards,this season is their best chance for a long time of achieving the play- offs.. Monk is a pretty shrewd manager and has them playing as a team.. Hope they finish 7th though
    Probably there on goal difference the way things are looking, we need to score more goals to improve the goal dif. Can you see Burnley avoiding the drop? I think you will, Sunderland are doing you a big favour, Dull will drop but not sure who else. Going up - Newcastle unless they implode, Brighton then one from any of the next ten teams, including dare I say it at the moment PNE. Could be Leeds, depends if we can keep hold of a couple of players beyond Jan. Same applies to PNE they should play Lindegaard more often as it is more entertaining.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)