+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    It's giving the SNP more power that's a scary prospect as I think they are totally incompetent.
    so the Scotland Act specifically mentions the SNP getting more power or are you just a belter?

Quote Originally Posted by 54FairAndSquare View Post
    More powers for the Scottish Parliament

When do we want them?

Eh ... er…. well ….. eh anytime in the next decade or so

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sc...wers-fc225xljk
    Lets make one thing clear only 15% of welfare benefits are being devolved to Holyrood.The whole point of the Smith Commission was to plant the seed of a tree which would grow to provide sticks to beat whoever runs the Scottish Government. This is one such stick being waved about.

Rush into setting up a Scottish benefits system and it will fall over. Scottish Government particularly if its a SNP Gov beaten.

Delay setting up benefit system to make sure it works. Scottish Government phuckin beaten.

Suggest it would be easier just to hand over the DWP functions to Scotland. Scottish Government beaten.

The whole thing is disfunctional with four parties clearly not even intending to compete for power. They're happy just to circle the other party waving sticks and hoping to keep the British Union together for another two years.

IQ and Bodie would do well to remember the SNP, have had no hand at all in determining the system of government in Scotland. All of the Scotland Acts are the work of the Labour and Conservative parties. There isn't a line in any of them written by the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Lets make one thing clear only 15% of welfare benefits are being devolved to Holyrood.T
    So it’s gonna take them 3 years to get to grips with 15% of the budget. How long for 100%?

This is from a government that was going to do independence in 18 months. Oh ma fekin hoooooorin sides

So it’s gonna take them 3 years to get to grips with 15% of the budget. How long for 100%?

This is from a government that was going to do independence in 18 months. Oh ma fekin hoooooorin sides

if you had read the White Paper you would have known The Scottish Government stated transfer of welfare would have been 4 years after the referendum not the 18 month period. Welfare is a mess under the UK government and that is why they envisaged a long transition period to untangle.

Daft asking if hunsdiedfairandsquare actually reads anything, even the article in the link only reads for a few paragraphs, the belter never looks beyond the headline

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    if you had read the White Paper you would have known The Scottish Government stated transfer of welfare would have been 4 years after the referendum not the 18 month period. Welfare is a mess under the UK government and that is why they envisaged a long transition period to untangle.
    If I had read the white paper I’d have been believing things like flying saucers, fairies at the bottom of my garden and Scotland still being in the EU after independence.

You don't have much faith in your fellow Countrymen/Women do you IQ, If you want to be serious about this particular issue the new powers require Holyrood to shape the country’s first social security system, allowing the Scottish government to legislate on disability and carers’ benefits, among others, and giving it the opportunity to top up existing payments or create new ones. Do you IQ really think its a good idea to rush this thing through ? When it will effect the lives of our most vulnerable folk. How you think IQ you go about building a new public service. First you need the legislative competence in order to bring before this parliament the draft bill that you will be entitled to scrutinise, which itself forms the framework on which we can then begin to deliver on executive competence You really should try to understand even just a wee bit about the issues IQ before launching into you tedious SNP Baaaaad rants.

PS I thought we were suppose to be posting this stuff on the other sub forum.

Hun vermin don't care about the most vulnerable people in society, probably their fault Rangers liquidated. As for walloper posting his pish on here, shows how much of an attention-seeker he is

I have every faith in my fellow Countrymen/Women of the SNP

They’re right up there with all the important issues affecting the world today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-of-devastati/

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    It's giving the SNP more power that's a scary prospect as I think they are totally incompetent.
    They are so incompetent they are getting voted back in with huge numbers. I therefore conclude that you are right and most of Scotland is wrong.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)