+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why do we pay for loanee players?

Why do we pay for loanee players?

I mention this because its in the news that Chelsea may ask for more money if we want to keep their lad until the end of he season and so my question is why? We are taking players on loan because they can't get into their first team and at the same time keeping them fit, putting them in the shop window which will increase their value and just as important, allowing to play in our FIRST team regularly and so maybe its the way I think but IMO the other club should pay us a decent amount in order to do this and not the other way around. Our academy costs over a million a year and so why aren't they contributing to that as well? Yes, I know if that was the case then players may well go elsewhere but why would they when our facilities are better than most and we do give them games?

Just another point is the statement Dario used a lot and Collins is doing is now ie the players did really well in training and he can't figure out why they can't do that on a weekend etc. Where do we get these people from? Do they NOT understand that when you are playing against your mates in training, that is likely to be different AND easier than when you play against a determined opposition who are playing for real and will rough you up if need be?

I've never understood both these things tbh...

Its a shame that premiership clubs could not contribute to the cost of the running of academy's from the lower leagues as they will be the ones to benefit eventually from the top players are produced.I also agree that if a top club wants to loan out a player to a lower league club they should contribute to most of the wage of that player. What reason do the top clubs loan out for. They cannot offer first team football and want to see the player develop through league games which they cannot offer. They source clubs that will offer the right kind of coaching and play football the way there club want it played .The lower league club will take a player on who should be more advanced than players they have but this then restricts there own youth players development. The loanee may improve the performance of the team he plays for but he can be recalled at short notice to his home club subject to the loan agreement