+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 489 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Did anyone catch the result of that court case with the boy who was suing Coral bookies for not paying out 250K on the bet he made that Rangers would get relegated back in fit ever year they went t*ts up? A £100 bet was placed on it but they didn't pay out saying they weren't 'relegated' they were 'demoted' along with the old 'different club' chestnut.

They were saying they are a different club but quite happily advertise the return of the 'old firm' to get the punters betting.

The ruling was due yesterday but haven't seen anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Did anyone catch the result of that court case with the boy who was suing Coral bookies for not paying out 250K on the bet he made that Rangers would get relegated back in fit ever year they went t*ts up? A £100 bet was placed on it but they didn't pay out saying they weren't 'relegated' they were 'demoted' along with the old 'different club' chestnut.

They were saying they are a different club but quite happily advertise the return of the 'old firm' to get the punters betting.

The ruling was due yesterday but haven't seen anything about it.
    The case only finished yesteday after the evidence was heard. I would imagine that it may be a few weeks before the judgement is given as the court would normally issue it in writing after that sort of timescale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    The case only finished yesteday after the evidence was heard. I would imagine that it may be a few weeks before the judgement is given as the court would normally issue it in writing after that sort of timescale.
    Cheers, I hope the boy gets his payout. From what I've read Coral knew exactly what the bet was before they accepted it. Be interesting to see which way the whole same/different club spiel goes.

5 years ago today, the original Rangers went into administration. What a hilarious & shambolic 5 years it has been.

Great day that. Had a few celebratory drinks that day.

I was in Glasgow at a gig the day they got liquidated . Had a few celebratory drinks that day too

The biggest problem facing Rangers isnt the so called "lack of investment" or poor managerial choices, its the fans. After what that club has been through you would think the fans would somehow come to their senses and understand they are lucky to even have a football club left, let alone want to finish first, second or win every cup in sight. I have seen a lot of talk from their fans over the last few weeks and while one or two talk some sense, the vast majority are absolutely deluded.

All football fans want to win leagues and cups, but they are struggling to keep the lights on and yet still expect to win everything. I dont get it. I understand the old Rangers won plenty of trophies, be we all know the reasons behind how they could achieve that and yet even after being exposed, going into administration, being liquidated, taken over by utter clowns and then the glib and shameless one takes over, they still think they should win everything. When will they wake up and realise that this incarnation is morally and financially screwed. They have no money to invest in the squad because King has no money, the money they do get in is used to keep the "big hoose" open and maintained and Celtic have spent years strengthening, with the gap between them and Celtic being on par with Celtic and our ourselves.

I have said it since Sevco was created, the fans will be the detriment to the club and will eventually bring it down. Their constant need for reassurance that they compete and the demand to invest will eventually send the house of cards tumbling down. They are constantly waiting for some sugar daddy to come along, but maybe soon they will realise that no one cares about investing in Scottish Football and even more so, a wreck of a club like Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The biggest problem facing Rangers isnt the so called "lack of investment" or poor managerial choices, its the fans. After what that club has been through you would think the fans would somehow come to their senses and understand they are lucky to even have a football club left, let alone want to finish first, second or win every cup in sight. I have seen a lot of talk from their fans over the last few weeks and while one or two talk some sense, the vast majority are absolutely deluded.

All football fans want to win leagues and cups, but they are struggling to keep the lights on and yet still expect to win everything. I dont get it. I understand the old Rangers won plenty of trophies, be we all know the reasons behind how they could achieve that and yet even after being exposed, going into administration, being liquidated, taken over by utter clowns and then the glib and shameless one takes over, they still think they should win everything. When will they wake up and realise that this incarnation is morally and financially screwed. They have no money to invest in the squad because King has no money, the money they do get in is used to keep the "big hoose" open and maintained and Celtic have spent years strengthening, with the gap between them and Celtic being on par with Celtic and our ourselves.

I have said it since Sevco was created, the fans will be the detriment to the club and will eventually bring it down. Their constant need for reassurance that they compete and the demand to invest will eventually send the house of cards tumbling down. They are constantly waiting for some sugar daddy to come along, but maybe soon they will realise that no one cares about investing in Scottish Football and even more so, a wreck of a club like Rangers!

I think the world of ranjiz' end is nigh.....

Sevco don't seem to be in any hurry to appoint a new manager, which backs up the theory that they are skint.

The end is nigh talk has been on the go through their whole existance. Canna see it. They will just get sh@t as they winna attract the players the deluded troglodytes crave, which in turn will turn the deluded troglodytes away

Unfortunately there will always be some club called Rangers. But I wouldn't be surprised if this version ended up in administration.

Page 3 of 489 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast