+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 414 of 489 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    It wouldn't encourage a greater challenge to Celtic. It would do the exact opposite by giving them too many games against diddy teams. Look at a reasonable team like St Johnstone giving them 3/4 of the ground creating a better atmosphere for them than the games we play where the ground is empty apart from the 1/4 we get. Imagine them playing against the likes of Arbroath, Morton or Alloa. That's the reason we got rid of the old 18 team league. It was boring. It would be again. Scottish football's best years were when we had a ten team league and money was spread more evenly. Look at the distribution of money both within Scotland and Europe to resolve the competition issue.
    No way nowadays are clubs like Celtic going to vote for an even distribution of money. I don’t think our club would even vote for it. Remind me how many points we are behind them in the soon to be finished current campaign? You don’t think if it was a 20 team league we could have a better chance of closing the gap? Scottish football is currently woeful due to no one really challenging Celtic. If we are only to play them twice in a league campaign then I personally think it would suit us and our manager.

I’m prepared to consider anything that gets rid of the ridiculous split and the even more ridiculous play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    No way nowadays are clubs like Celtic going to vote for an even distribution of money. I don’t think our club would even vote for it. Remind me how many points we are behind them in the soon to be finished current campaign? You don’t think if it was a 20 team league we could have a better chance of closing the gap? Scottish football is currently woeful due to no one really challenging Celtic. If we are only to play them twice in a league campaign then I personally think it would suit us and our manager.
    e

Never going to happen for all sorts of reasons.
    Scotland far too small to support a top league of that size. Would get some games like the Spanish have in their league where Barcelona run up cricket scores. Could easily see double figures.

A whole heap of one sided games will not be particularly attractive to sponsors ,media , fans.
    A fairer share of the money is the way to go. Had to laugh at the Raith Rovers chairman advocating a 44 team set up. We have far too many teams in the set up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    e

Never going to happen for all sorts of reasons.
    Scotland far too small to support a top league of that size. Would get some games like the Spanish have in their league where Barcelona run up cricket scores. Could easily see double figures.

A whole heap of one sided games will not be particularly attractive to sponsors ,media , fans.
    A fairer share of the money is the way to go. Had to laugh at the Raith Rovers chairman advocating a 44 team set up. We have far too many teams in the set up already.
    Small time mentality.

We certainly don’t need Celtic and Rangers playing each other at least 4 times in a season so they can get publicity to help their agendas. We need more teams in the league so other clubs can grow if they are ambitious enough. Who honestly wants to play the big 2 Glasgow teams eight times minimum in a season? Greedy small time mentality chairman might but they are not interested in the benefit of football and coaching. Celtic are easily winning league titles because of this...we need teams especially like ourselves to be in with a fighting chance to make the league more interesting. Everything about Scottish football should be about all teams not 2 bigoted @rseholes from Glasgow. Give me an away trip to Kirkcaldy or Alloa to help these clubs than further boost the bank balance of Celtic or Rangers.
    We would definitely have a better chance of winning a league if we only had to play Celtic twice in a league campaign.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 17-04-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Aye, we'd only lose six points to each of them instead of 12!

I believe at the end of the the new bosses at SPFL from next season i.e. Sky TV will decide the league structure based on what will achieve the best viewing figures. They will not want to lose any of the Bigot Fests.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We would definitely have a better chance of winning a league if we only had to play Celtic twice in a league campaign.
    I wouldn't mind a reduction in the number of times we play the bigot brothers. But the reality is we don't have enough big clubs in the country to have bigger leagues.

I fail to see how we "would definitely have a better chance of winning a league if we only had to play Celtic twice". The assumption here is Celtic will take more points off us than we will gain from them. Playing them fewer times will reduce the deficit. I get that.

The other side of the equation is that we need to make up the reduced deficit by winning against the diddy teams but we need to win more against them than Celtic. I don't see why Celtic playing diddy teams rather than top 6 teams means less points for Celtic allowing us to overtake them. I don't get that.

Lets face it, Scottish Football's finances are set up to benefit Celtic and Scum to compete in Europe so the SFA/ SPFL suits can pretend we are a country that counts and gives them Euro jollies. Not working very well is it?

There is nothing particularly new here. Celtic have won 9 in a row before. Scum have won 9 in a row before. Boring. Leagues were changed. Scottish
    Football got better. But self interest, wanting to match English clubs, wanting to play in England, wanting to put upstart clubs like ourselves back "in our place" and desperation to have enough money to stop the others getting to 10 led to cheating and gerrymandering on a massive communist scale.

Scum wittering on about sporting integrity is disgusting since they and their brothers in arms have done nothing for the last 50 years than circumvent integrity by putting self interest first to the point of massive permitted cheating.

Until the governance and fair financing is sorted wewill not have fair competition.

35 years since one of the cheeks didn't win the league, it doesn't matter how many teams are in the league, that streak is never going to end.

It will if we throw them out.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It will if we throw them out.
    With an 11-1 majority required that could be a small problem

Page 414 of 489 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464 ... LastLast