+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 440 of 489 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Looks like Elgin, Keith, Buckie and Inverness each have one Catholic primary school.

The whole thing's bizarre in this day and age imho. Full disclosure - I was raised a Catholic until I found a way of out of it in my ****age years. Sunday morning sport - a brilliant invention for getting out of going to church!

Is that Sunday morning sport or the Sunday Sport in the morning?

I had an apprentice years ago who went to the catholic school in Braemar.
    Braemar for f’uck sake.

He was a hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm not from the West either. The world's a big place. You should have a wee look sometime.
    Good for you

Braemar is (or at least was) full of huns.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    State funded religion based schools are not only a disgrace but probably illegal.

If you want to bring your kids up indoctrinated in some “there’s a mannie in the sky” pish then on you go, I’m nae stopping you.
    But pay for it yourself.
    Donsdaft for Minister for Education

I second that

Glasgow's got it's fair share of bigots but some of the worse culprits come up on buses from Ayrshire and over from NI.

Blaming schools is just plain daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Braemar is (or at least was) full of huns.
    Braemar was originally two settlements, Auchendryne and Castleton. I can’t remember which is Billy and which is Dan. The Earl of Mar was a leading Jacobite when there was an obsession with god-bothering and forelock-tugging towards the ****ing aristocracy.

The RC primary school in Keith was never an issue. We played fitba with our RC neighbours every evening, us dissing the pinched-faced harridans in tweed, and they the sisters of discipline in wimples. Nobody gave a **** about religion, apart from those of us chased to Presbyterian Sunday School by mothers glad to get us the **** out of their sight on a Sunday morning. At 14, I rebelled and found a Sunday morning paper round as spiritually uplifting and far more materially rewarding than the mannie Mackie droning on about ****ing sky pilots.

Any religious bigotry I have witnessed up in these here parts has been swiftly trodden on, and the throwbacks attempting to import such an alien culture after gloryhunting attendance at Hun Central told to **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Funnily enough that's what the Hun apologists are saying.

I didn't come from Glasgow but we had Catholic schools as well by the way.

You need to understand that the problem isn't Glasgow. Places out my way, West Lothian, Lanarkshire and Ayrshire that are much worse, much more simple minded.
    Yep, correct Aldo, blaming catholic schools for the sectarianism prevalent in this country - primarily in the West of Scotland, lets be honest - is a lazy, easy stereotype.

There are over 2000 catholic schools in England. Nearly 100 in Wales. They dont have the issues with sectarianism we have.

All the catholic schools let in kids of all denominations too. I know a good few non catholics who attended one.

Dont get me wrong. I'm no fan of religious schools, any religious schools - but that's mainly because organised religion, of any stripe, is for easily led simpletons - but these schools are not to blame for the issues in this country.

What we do have uniquely in the UK up here, is two football clubs that provide a central focal point for complete arseholes to display all the bigotry and shyte that exists in the country. There are bigots all over obviously, but you see very little, if any of it up here. Its one of the reasons why the weegies I know who live in Aberdeen moved here in the first place, to get away from all that pish.

Getting rid of catholic schools would not make a blind bit of difference to the problem. Getting rid of those two football clubs would. The issue absolutely wouldn't disappear. Its part of the "culture" for far too many of these vermin - but it would take away the main focal point they use to display their nonsense and embarass the rest of us who all get tarred with the same brush at the end of the day.

We had the chance to get rid of one of them, at least the "traditional" historic vehicle for a lot of this pish (I've no doubt some b@astard child would have sprung up) but the authorities and clubs bottled it, so no point crying crocodile tears now.

Scotland's shame indeed. Its just embarassing...

It's extremely unlikely that any of those religious bigots who support the two cheeks ever actually go to church.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It's extremely unlikely that any of those religious bigots who support the two cheeks ever actually go to church.
    It’s extremely unlikely that any of them would the difference between the Protestant and Catholic “faiths”

Page 440 of 489 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast