+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 413 of 489 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4884

Thread: Rangers Then, Sevco Now, Scotland's Shame Forever....

I think the problem with having an increased premiership is that each team would only play each other twice. Now I bet that Doncaster has again put in the Sky contract that they get four old firm games a season.
    Then you have to reorganise all the other leagues to make the shortfall in the championship.
    Sky have always said that without the Old firm Scottish football is nothing. Sky will get what they want, they've played hardball with Scottish football before. They will do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    I think the problem with having an increased premiership is that each team would only play each other twice. Now I bet that Doncaster has again put in the Sky contract that they get four old firm games a season.
    Then you have to reorganise all the other leagues to make the shortfall in the championship.
    Sky have always said that without the Old firm Scottish football is nothing. Sky will get what they want, they've played hardball with Scottish football before. They will do it again.
    Naw. 14 teams play each other 2. Top 7 Bottom 7 play each other 2 twice. 26 games plus 12 38 games sorted

Slippy calling for an independent inquiry. Does he want Nimmo to lead it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    Naw. 14 teams play each other 2. Top 7 Bottom 7 play each other 2 twice. 26 games plus 12 38 games sorted
    Wouldn’t work.
    Two teams each have a free week every round post split.
    Needs to be top 6 / bottom 8

I personally would prefer a twenty team top league where you just play each other home and away. It hopefully would encourage a better challenge to Celtic especially and would certainly save the farce of playing some clubs upto 6 or even 7 times in one season. Plus the fact we don’t have to listen to the Glasgow led @rseholes raving and pulling their wires over lots of Celtic v Rangers matches. It would also make playing them more interesting if it was only once home and away each.
    Get it sorted and change our manager and we will be heading for a league title.

Speaking of the ****s. Heres a pic of some arseholes from the MKI version being all pally and sh@t.i couldnt imagine a worse room to be inName:  IMG_20200416_205539.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  42.8 KB

McInnes should be sacked for that photo. He’s in a high profile job & he has to reflect the image of the club. It would be less embarrassing to AFC if he was dressed as a Klansman or S.S officer

Horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I personally would prefer a twenty team top league where you just play each other home and away. It hopefully would encourage a better challenge to Celtic especially and would certainly save the farce of playing some clubs upto 6 or even 7 times in one season. Plus the fact we don’t have to listen to the Glasgow led @rseholes raving and pulling their wires over lots of Celtic v Rangers matches. It would also make playing them more interesting if it was only once home and away each.
    Get it sorted and change our manager and we will be heading for a league title.
    It wouldn't encourage a greater challenge to Celtic. It would do the exact opposite by giving them too many games against diddy teams. Look at a reasonable team like St Johnstone giving them 3/4 of the ground creating a better atmosphere for them than the games we play where the ground is empty apart from the 1/4 we get. Imagine them playing against the likes of Arbroath, Morton or Alloa. That's the reason we got rid of the old 18 team league. It was boring. It would be again. Scottish football's best years were when we had a ten team league and money was spread more evenly. Look at the distribution of money both within Scotland and Europe to resolve the competition issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    It wouldn't encourage a greater challenge to Celtic. It would do the exact opposite by giving them too many games against diddy teams. Look at a reasonable team like St Johnstone giving them 3/4 of the ground creating a better atmosphere for them than the games we play where the ground is empty apart from the 1/4 we get. Imagine them playing against the likes of Arbroath, Morton or Alloa. That's the reason we got rid of the old 18 team league. It was boring. It would be again. Scottish football's best years were when we had a ten team league and money was spread more evenly. Look at the distribution of money both within Scotland and Europe to resolve the competition issue.
    Good sensible post

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Wouldn’t work.
    Two teams each have a free week every round post split.
    Needs to be top 6 / bottom 8
    Why wouldn’t a free week work. Absolutely no issue with each team getting a bye week post split.

The two teams can even arrange to play each other if they want a game to keep ticking over.

Less stupid than having an 8 / 6 league split. All the teams in a league playing a different number of games? Now that would be feckin stupid.

As I said on the other thread though — it’s never gonna happen as self interest will rule as per...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 16-04-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Page 413 of 489 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463 ... LastLast