+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where is cresswell ?

Where is cresswell ?

Come on old chap - have we scared you off - as I have told you before you are a vaued member of the Queens MAD family. Although some of your posts are sometimes dreaded by some even the most diehard of Queens fans look forward to your views based on a vast knowledge of the game !
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 11-12-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Aye, I ken hoo he feels!

Report it tae the polis then !

yep camon cresswell ,get posting ,everone has his own view on where queens are ,if everyone were happy clappers these places would be dead .

Francis is correct that it's not use contributors to the site being the same and Cresswell is unique in this respect. I never understood him though. Why would a man of that age continually do something ( watch Queens) that made him so unhappy ? This time on Earth isnt a rehearsal and better time spent on something that pleases you .He was never happy with anything the team done, even when we stormed through nearly everyone early in the season. A brilliant start for a small provincial team says me and plenty others but he would rather pick holes in what we weren't doing. Watching Queens is never going to be a picnic and most of us understand that but we still enjoy watching them .Having said all that , I ( strangely) felt a bit of a rapport with him and this probably out of respect of him watching Queens for a long time and his undoubted knowledge of the game . The old yin will be reading this thread but no use asking him to come back He will in his own time , not because anyone asks him to and remember, he was gone for a long time in the past before resurfacing.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 14-12-2016 at 01:14 PM.

When I said supporting Queens isn't a picnic , what I should have said is its downright difficult. We all know the people who have taken the easy way out in supporting one of the big English teams or the Old Firm. The regular wins of those sides being far easier to deal with on a weekly basis. I have grown up feeling at times that people look down on you a bit for following a small team. But , I can tell you , that all this endless frustration is character building and well worth wile. . When we do win leagues or reach cup finals , then we appreciate it FAR more than the aforementioned people who see victories as a bit hum drum. I wouldn't change a thing and made the right choice as a little boy.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 14-12-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    When I said supporting Queens isn't a picnic , what I should have said is its downright difficult. We all know the people who have taken the easy way out in supporting one of the big English teams or the Old Firm. The regular wins of those sides being far easier to deal with on a weekly basis. I have grown up feeling at times that people look down on you a bit for following a small team. But , I can tell you , that all this endless frustration is character building and well worth wile. . When we do win leagues or reach cup finals , then we appreciate it FAR more than the aforementioned people who see victories as a bit hum drum. I wouldn't change a thing and made the right choice as a little boy.
    100% agree.

I have to admit, while always being a Queens fan, when I was younger I also followed Celtic. I remember being at a Cup Final when Celtic came from behind to win, and thinking it was the best feeling ever......until the next year when they did the same again. I had already "got over" my glory hunting days by 2008, but that year taught me just how good it feels to experience a once in a lifetime success! If you really want to follow a team that wins every week, it's easy enough to find, but please remember, the last 10 years have been the best spell as a Queens supporter in my lifetime.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)