+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 Wins in 17 now

2 Wins in 17 now

After today's defeat at Cambridge, a league down but no diff to last season higher up, no goals, no defence, no pride, no passion, disinterested players? why? What's going on and why isn't anything being done to change it or halt the slide? What can be done now, any comments?

What can be done? Absolutely nothing. If our sorry bunch who are in control of our club do not have the intelligence to see that what SD and JC, plus the players are producing is utter garbage what is the point of worrying.

After all this period of seasons does anyone out there still believe that our Directors have any clue about running a football club?

I think it was Charles Grant , director who said at a fans forum that we should give the manager 10 games to see how it went. Well time is well up . TIME FOR A CHANGE

Listening to praise and grumble covering the game even Peter Morse, co commentator was getting very frustrated by Crewe and the way they were playing and gave good advice on how things could be improved as Cambridge were very predicable in their play . Why could our management team not see them same
    I have been on P & G regularly since the begining of the season and saying that relegation was a big possibility , well it is now a real possability

[QUOTE=jamesdad;38363425]I think it was Charles Grant , director who said at a fans forum that we should give the manager 10 games to see how it went. Well time is well up . TIME FOR A CHANGE

Jimmy Rowlinson it was, remember it well, didn't actually mention 10 games, but meant the same thing. I don't think that the other directors were expecting him to say it. I think that he went on a limb.
    Last edited by Me For Crewe; 18-12-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Surely it's time the Board faced the realality of the situation that we are in by releasing some of the cash that they have salted away for the academies future to allow for team strengthening and appointment a new manager because if we slide into that bottom two neither the academy or the team will have a future.

Yes you are correct -Jimmy Rowlinson it was, remember it well, didn't actually mention 10 games but he did mention a period of months. Months or week ,s what does it matter as SD time is well past his sell by date.
    On money salted away I think any spare monies is still going into buying the shares off NH and that will be the case for a while. I think I we get relegated the academy will naturally disappear

We are now five points away from Non-League football and the clock is ticking. We have a manager who recycles quotes faster than any other - we are all in this together; I want to see a reaction from the players.... He has taken verbal diarrhoea to a new level. The Chairman and the Board are suffering from verbal constipation. In the words of the train conductor - all change at Crewe please. Perhaps the team should now come onto the pitch to the thirty second theme tune from Countdown - because time is running out, fast.

Hard to imagine the Board shaping up to take the right decision unless attendance and commensurate commercial income declines rapidly. At the cut off point of ten games, we were still clinging to the playoff places. Now it is very difficult to see where the next win is coming from, though the Accrington game is a must win (cannot see us taking three points off Carlisle). For now, it is more garbage and repetition from SD, a continuous decline in performance on the pitch and inertia from the Board. Forget any transfer window activity unless we are selling. I thought 2016 was a cr*p year, but 2017 is not looking very promising at present.