+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye

It was simply a difference of opinion and the only person on that thread who was insulting was rp. It'd be a shame for him to leave simply as some people don't share his views but I'm sure he can find a site where everyone only has like minded opinions to him. Maybe.

RP I would join in with you in political debate quite happily, but I hate politics so you will not hear much from me on this topic other than to say I think all politicians are crooks and liars and can't be trusted as far as i could throw them. With having a bad back that would not be very far at all.

Stay laddie

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    I have read and contributed to this forum for many years now but it's time for me to leave. There used to be plenty of posters putting their views forward about our beloved rams. Banter as well but now the posters have slowly diminished. Posts about football have taken a back seat. How many topics end up by slating others. It now seems that I am in a minority in my non footballing views too. It seems I am wrong in supporting our country too. Wrong in wanting a Britain free from EU dictatorship. Wrong in saying immigration should be curbed. But now wrong in remembering people who gave their lives for this country. So it's time to say goodbye. I did enjoy being part of a Rams supporters forum.
    Well I guess if your wrong your wrong!! In any case its only opinions and surely it would be a boring place if we all agreed with each other or felt upset because others do not share ones views?

On a point of fact in recent weeks football has taken centre stage with football and Rams related posts have been to the fore, which makes it seem kinda odd that you should choose to leave the Forum now! I'm guessing someone somewhere has posted something which has pissed you off, but then isn't that the risk one takes when posting on an internet Forum.

I reckon you will be back once you have recovered from your hurt feelings! Have a good festive season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well I guess if your wrong your wrong!! In any case its only opinions and surely it would be a boring place if we all agreed with each other or felt upset because others do not share ones views?

On a point of fact in recent weeks football has taken centre stage with football and Rams related posts have been to the fore, which makes it seem kinda odd that you should choose to leave the Forum now! I'm guessing someone somewhere has posted something which has pissed you off, but then isn't that the risk one takes when posting on an internet Forum.

I reckon you will be back once you have recovered from your hurt feelings! Have a good festive season anyway.
    Could you sound any more smug or patronising?

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker View Post
    Sometimes smug and patronising is entirely the right tone.

These 'Goodbye' posts always make me smile - what the hell do you expect is going to happen, everyone is suddenly going to change their opinions and agree with everything you want to say? It's a fricking MB, not entries in Hansard - with a load of people who don't know each other and don't want to know each other, often playing wind up games for fun anyway.

At the end of the day, post if you want to, don't if you don't. Nobody gives too much of a **** either way.

Cool!

I might come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles View Post
    Cool!

I might come back!
    Have you been away?

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    Sometimes smug and patronising is entirely the right tone.
    Well done you for thinking of that all by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker View Post

I'm sure I could manage it if I really tried!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)