+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 792 of 949 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802842892 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 9484

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    If they want the game to be taken seriously tis doesn't help.

This is far more realistic:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59459640
    Nae looking good for us either the now... 6-0 down

I just watched the last 6 minutes of that on hesgoal. Truly pathetic. The Latvian keeper took a goal kick and tried to hoof it up the park only to contrive to put it out for a throw in 18 yards out. Unbelievably poor. I reckon we might just beat them.

Jutes lose 1-0 at Motherwell.

Third game in a row a Jute opponent is sent off. No word if Maguire’s red was for some Tannadice minker assaulting him.

Everything that's wrong with the women's game...

Name:  Screenshot_2021-11-30_22-01-35.png
Views: 302
Size:  14.5 KB

Rangers C beat Rangers B 5-1 in the Challenge Cup.

Surely you mean The Rangers B and The Rangers C

Ah div really enjoy seein wifie's fitba progress, and div wish for better, but watchin it disna dae nithin for me.

In he mid 70's, ma sister (fa didna mind haein a game wi the local guys in 'da hood' whether across the street or in the backies - and NO ... rools disna apply!! ), played for Lang Stracht Ladies .... and masel and ma Woodside/Powis School fitba chums would turn up in numbers tae help wi their trainin.

'Oh Aye' Ah hear yiz say .... 'the sharks are circlin for a sook o' the finest flesh' .... well, if Ah tellt ye that ye were wrang, Ah'd be fibbin ... there wis some affa fine 'cuts' on offer ( Again .... rools dinna apply .... and in any case, would be liable for fkn jail holidays! )

............ BUT! .... that was pretty much an aside as us guys turned up ... sometimes like 10am on a fkn Sunday ... at the Laddzer pitches tae swing in crosses, play 3v2 keep ball, tak shots at the keeper wi 3 bas in play, etc ... and generally help oot, show a few tricks, gie a wee bit o' advice and coment ... and anythin else the manager would ask us tae help oot wi ..... (the manager wis a mannie ... so stop laughin at the back!!)

The sesh would culminate in a guys v girls match .... which wis a bad idea. We always thrashed them .... even fan gaein them some 'benefit o' the doubt' scenarios that a good ref would hae denied them. Although they got a damn good work oot chasin the baa, lookin back, Ah dinna think that helped then ony .... wid hae been better daein mixed teams wi us average guys playin alongside demonstratin average moves which would hae developed better than average interplay fae the quines.

Dinna get me wrang ... there was some real talent - fitba wise - among these quines, and some nifty wee exchanges that us loons had tae applaud .... and up against ither wifies teams, they did nae bad.

At the end o' the day, athoot bein ***ist, which I strive in my everyday life nae tae be, it has tae be recognised that female physiology is different fae male physiology, and I think the women's game would benefit fae haein a strong governin body willin tae look at the strengths an' weaknesses o' the average female physique, and develop rules accordinly tae enhance the women's game rather than follow the mannie's game.

OK .... cue comments that Ah'm sayin wifies are inferior .... fill yer boots! .... Ah'm nae sayin that at aa .... Ah'm jist sayin women are diffrent (nae **** Sherlock) ... and should be able tae develop their game independently o' the male game independent o' the bodies governin the mannies game - wi the aim o' maximisin the role o' skills, athleticism and game intelligence over 'typical' male attributes such as size, weight, physicallity and aggression.

Much as I would welcome women being allowed tae play in the 'mannie's game ... if they can play the mannie's game and get on the team sheet on merit, Ah would rather the wifies took control o' their ain game - fae top tae bottom - and took control o' everythin fae size/weight of ball, dimensions o' goalposts, pitch, footwear, strips, laws governing play and conduct ... etc etc ... blah, blah, blah in order tae mak the best o' their game as a spectacle as well as a contest.

As a mannie, Ah'm nae gonna suggest how they might change/adapt .... nor would Ah tak offence at ony wifie disagreein wi my suggestions that they diversify on their ain terms ... But, Ah'll nae be convinced that wifie's fitba will challenge the popularity o' the mannie's game as lang as they 'cow-tow' tae the fundamental framework o' the mannie's game.

I had a look at the Scotland Group table this morning when reading the news before work. The 8-0 thrashing at the hands of Spain stands out but just take a look at the goal difference, particularly of Spain and the Faroe Islands! It’s a bit of a joke to be honest.

It also amuses me when I read football headlines showing standout scorelines and then I realise that it is woman’s football - I really wish that they would mention that in the headline!

Apparently in their last however many games Spain have scored 96 goals without reply!

Anything BBC would never discriminate, so when you didn't realise that Arsenal and Spurs were playing never mind the score being 14-3 it does attract your attention for a moment.

As usual, the media are falling over themselves to make the games have equal status, it's crap, they never will have equal status.

I'm with Neeps on this one, change the rules accordingly, make the game better to play.
    Perhaps the pursuit of the ridiculous money available in the mans game has turned too many heads.

With regard to the BBC though, I don't mind the lassies joining in with the punditry, that English one is very good, the weegie in Sportscene is cringworthy though.
    But the actual commentary.....no, please no.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Anything BBC would never discriminate, so when you didn't realise that Arsenal and Spurs were playing never mind the score being 14-3 it does attract your attention for a moment.

As usual, the media are falling over themselves to make the games have equal status, it's crap, they never will have equal status.

I'm with Neeps on this one, change the rules accordingly, make the game better to play.
    Perhaps the pursuit of the ridiculous money available in the mans game has turned too many heads.

With regard to the BBC though, I don't mind the lassies joining in with the punditry, that English one is very good, the weegie in Sportscene is cringworthy though.
    But the actual commentary.....no, please no.
    I’m all for equality, kind of, but the players will have to go the full hog and start spitting, squaring up head to head and poking each other in the ba*** (or fan**) to gain full recognition; and to keep their scores respectable! 🤣

Listening to some of those females talk about false number 9’s and flat back four’s in hilarious! 😂

Page 792 of 949 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802842892 ... LastLast