+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 796 of 949 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806846896 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 9488

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    with a bit of tasty action with the Cleator Moor Boot Boys en route
    Ah .... Cleator Moor ... one of the - if not the strangest gig venues Ah've ever played.... Wi' ma Pogues trib band, on our June 2006 mini tour. ( 57 kens fine fa got us the gig )

A Celtic Supporters club in the middle o' the naewye part o' England. A standalone buildin, in the middle o' the middle o' naewye ... which looks fae the ootside tae be like a youth club/community centre.

Inside?? Holy ****! Obviously, Celtic memorabilia and paraphernalia adorn the walls, and periodically, there's a message that Bigotry, sectarianism, racism etc will not be tolerated. .... and among all of that, being June 2006, the World Cup is in full swing, every otherwise free space on the walls is cluttered wi' England flags!

Anyway, we played tae a well behaved and enthusiastic crowd there ... and when we finished, after an encore of course, we were given our agreed fee .... and an extra hundred quid (in a plastic bag, from a whip round)if we would play another 15 mins - OK, f**k it ... lets do it.

On completion of said 15 mins, we were offered a further £100 plastic bag .... which we turned down ... being pretty knackered and needing to get packed up and kipped down .... so to leave early and get the van (hired fae Cafe Drummond) back tae Aiberdeen by 10am as agreed (we didna make it).

After packin oor gear, we were invited tae join the 'after-show-singaround' .... which we agreed to for a 'wee while' ... and were treated to some of the most vitriolic head on a spike rebel songs which, if heard on the terraces, would hae resulted in a hefty fine

..... Aside, yet relevant .... on gettin oot the van at Cafe D, and stoppin for a fag ootside, Ah saw a delivery van stoppin' ootside O'Brien's Irish Sandwich Cafe..... a place myself and my partner once ( only once) went with the kids for a treat - and nearly had tae tak oot a mortgage tae pey for! ....

I felt that nearly healed, but still tender financial scar being picked at an' pickled as Ah realised their supplies came fae Morrisons - their cheapest, own brand white pan loaf, £4.40 a kilo cheddar etc.

So if yer wonderin' why that O'Brien's place is nae there onymair? It winna be cos they were trapped for cash .... mair like they f*cked
    off afore they got found oot or strung up!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ah .... Cleator Moor ...57 kens fine fa got us the
    Would that be Mr Sean McGhee (no relation) editor of this *archipelago’s finest hard copy-only music magazine? The preferred not-for-reward journalistic home of some of the continent’s finest writers?

www.rock-n-reel.co.uk

*I normally use “these islands”, but having heard that fat blustering shouty perma-angry loaded right wing merchant banker-turned-humble-Skye-crofter Blackford **** use the term in the Commons the other day, I’ll desist for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    The Carpenters
    To quote Danny Baker, “this is what Marconi had in mind when he legged it down the Patent Office”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000y0jk

Hun penalty (no further detail of the level of masonry involved) means the Funso-assaulters are losing at The Midden.

Race County level at 1-1 at Dual Administration Plastic Park, Livingston.

Argos Huns leading TMSTID 1-0.

Twin-trophy media darlings St Perth being schooled 2-0 in Motherwell, cementing them into 12th place.

Masons 2-1 down to Accies at The Former Longman Cooncil Tip.

see Hibs Lead lasted around 60 seconds before smeltic got the leveller In the League Cup Final always find it odd League Cup Final Being Played In December

Beaton just proving that he is completely unbiased - he cheats in favour of celtic and sevco equally

Obviously can't say if Ross would have done a better job today but still can't help think it was a bad decision to sack him the other week. A case of the club crumbling under the pressure from a certain section of the fanbase I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    see Hibs Lead lasted around 60 seconds before smeltic got the leveller In the League Cup Final always find it odd League Cup Final Being Played In December
    14 seconds from kick off I think they said.

Looked offside to me.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    14 seconds from kick off I think they said.

Looked offside to me.
    It looked offside to me also

I’m not sure if it was any longer that 14 seconds before Beaton have a chance to “even up” the issuing of a yellow card.

You could see the relief on his face.

Page 796 of 949 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806846896 ... LastLast