+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 837 of 948 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 9479

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    It’s a fuucking sh’itehole . I was last there 8 years ago, before even the 2016 referendum will have torpedoed it further. On a par with erseholes of the planet such as Skegness, Prestatyn, and Accrington.
    We actually agree on something

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Dorset…the county border is only 5 miles away
    When I was in Dorset, it was right on the Border in a wee village, Thornford. The one excursion to Yeovil, about 5 miles distant, was like turning the clock back to 1981. Even Thomas Hardy’s cottage at Bockhampton seemed more contemporary.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Alexandria doesn’t fare well when compared to its North African namesake either.
    There’s at least 3 folk songs describing how lovely the place is, which I’ll wager is 3 more than Hull

If we’re playing shyte town top trumps, I’ve never seen anything or anywhere to beat Greenock.

Absolutely zero redeeming features at all. Had the misfortune of working there for 6 months back in the day.

Grey, soulless, bleak, inhospitable landscape
    A barren wasteland of despair - and it rained almost every day.

An absolute shyte hole populated by locals with that unbelievably annoying nasal weegie sounding accent - which didnt help.

You have to drive through Port Glasgow (which is enough of an eye opener) to get there too.

Gads.

Gourock though, far I bided a bitty further down the road, was quite nice tbf.

Worst place I’ve ever seen in Scotland is a village called Patna. Went through there by mistake looking for a power line. It’s grim. Everything about the place saps your will to live. It looks incredibly staunch too

Gourock seems to be split between west and east. The former, out towards the Western Ferries terminal, and Wemyss Bay, looks pretty well-to-do, with quite attractive dwellings, and a Conservative looking marina. On the Greenock side, at shore level, it looks like every other rundown, neglected, decaying carcass of a town in the land.

I canvassed Patna, Ochiltree, Drongan, Crosshill and many more South Ayrshire settlements in the 79 election. Since this was before Thatcher and McGregor started their delibetate, considered destruction of the coal industry, they were functional but OK places, mining villages kept in good nick because of innate working class pride. The NUM solidly backed George fuucking Foulkes, who I discovered, to my shame, had attended the same school as me, as Labour fought to win the seat. They were tough c’unts, quite happy to intimidate and assault anyone they perceived as a threat. It’s not an area to which I’d hurry back. The Orange Lodge had a huge presence in the coalfields, and Scott Severin’s old man scabbed during the strike, I believe.

Here is a question for you lot….we like having a dig at towns, cities etc but in your opinion, what is the most upto date and exciting town/city/village in Scotland? This should be interesting

England has many pretty town/ villages
    Scotland less so

St Andrews
    Banchory
    Pitlochery
    Ballater

Sod having to live in Pitlochery or Ballater though.

Cities?
    I suppose it has to be Edinburgh

Obviously Glasgow and not only because it is the biggest. Much more to see/do with so many new buildings going up in city centre. I'm not denying there are numerous ****holes in it and many dregs of society living within its' confines. Dundee is vastly improved and probably leaving Aberdeen as the most outdated etc.

Tarland. Hands down!

Page 837 of 948 FirstFirst ... 337737787827835836837838839847887937 ... LastLast