+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 842 of 949 FirstFirst ... 342742792832840841842843844852892942 ... LastLast
Results 8,411 to 8,420 of 9482

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    The arguement put forward by the cheeks in the past was that their extra income was distributed throughout Scottish football as they bought players from Scottish clubs. Was a crap arguement then and even more so as they now tend to spend money on players from clubs outwith our country. The current financial system doesn't work. The SFA should, in it's duty to all it's member clubs, ensure that there is a distribution of funds to permit a more competitive league rather than pander to two clubs who have no interest in our league other than to qualify for the Euro competitions.

Their competing in them every year does not benefit Scottish football, it only benefits them to the actual detriment of the other clubs and to the disbenefit of the overall impression of our game. Too many leagues across Europe have the same teams representing them every season. Corruption in FIFA, EUFA & SFA/SPFL is rife. Call it out at every opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    The game was a bogey up here, and in Europe, for clubs like us years ago.

The Euro situation will never change - UEFA stitched that right up for the big boys years ago with coefficients, seedings, dropping into another competition when yer knocked out etc.

Its why i dont give the Euro competitions the time of day anymore - tedious, gerrymandered borefests.

It was the same up here too for many years post Souness arriving. Ok the huns cheated big time but the fact was the money spent by those two destroyed all vestiges of competition.

Nothing was ever going to change. Then the hun died. We had a once in a lifetime chance to change the balance of power and take control of the game away from those two.

What did we do? Step forward Stewart Milne and without doubt the most shameful, embarrassing, spineless and utterly fuuckin stupid decision in the history of AFC to side with Celtic and keep 11-1.

In one vote, it consigned all of us to being also rans for all time. Ok things may well not have changed long term anyway, even if we’d got rid of 11-1, but the thing is we’ll never know, and even worse, that cuunt didn’t even want to try.

A lot of my passion for AFC died that day. I dont go very much anymore, and here we are, huns back at the “top table” still pretending nothing happened and raking in more cash they’ll never use to pay those debts.

Milne must be delighted - job done.

Im not usually one for holding a grudge - lifes too short - but i’ll never forget or forgive what that man did. I can honestly say I despise him and what hes done to my club and Scottish football. My loon will probably never see us win a league. His loon too. Thanks to Milne, the hun cuunt.
    100% spot on & fu ck only knows what's for the best" probably only mass boycotts from all other 10 clubs fans boycott attending games until SFA set the game up here more fairly for the other 10 clubs. But it would never be a full boycott and so I coudnt bare see us get worse on the pitch
    eventually due tae 4-5k crowds

The arguement put forward by the cheeks in the past was that their extra income was distributed throughout Scottish football as they bought players from Scottish clubs. Was a crap arguement then and even more so as they now tend to spend money on players from clubs outwith our country. The current financial system doesn't work. The SFA should, in it's duty to all it's member clubs, ensure that there is a distribution of funds to permit a more competitive league rather than pander to two clubs who have no interest in our league other than to qualify for the Euro competitions.

Their competing in them every year does not benefit Scottish football, it only benefits them to the actual detriment of the other clubs and to the disbenefit of the overall impression of our game. Too many leagues across Europe have the same teams representing them every season. Corruption in FIFA, EUFA & SFA/SPFL is rife. Call it out at every opportunity.
    The UkGov n torys are corrupt our game is corrupt telling ye its all due to fuc king greed!

Kerry Packer

There, that's a blast fae the past for the older members.

European fitba, especially the parachuting between competitions is a disgrace.

Champions league my arse.

But

To be fair on Uefa, I don't think they had much choice.
    The biggest clubs were just itching to break away and create their own league.

Perhaps it will happen yet, the more I think about it the better it sounds.

A chance to win the league we're in, not just Scotland, every bloody European country.

Euro competition that's a real cup competition, win or you are out.

Leave the "top" leagues to the double scarf brigade.

I'm in agreement that the "big club super league" probably has some benefit nowadays.

Domestic leagues are not competitive because of the money going to the top clubs, who now have it as a cash cow.

One argument against them leaving is that we couldn't get the sponsorship money without them. But, don't they get most of that anyway? I think 90% of tv money, for example. Take them out the equation and even getting much less sponsorship/tv money is likely still an increase to what the rest get; and the added bonus of bigger crowds who always show up when there is actually something to play for.

And, no filth visiting.

I'd have been against it a few years ago but it makes sense now.

Real fitba for real fans.

Trickle down economics my erse.

Believing in the coefficient and money being spent by the cheeks for anything other than their own benefit is akin to buying your cooncil hoose and some BT shares and thinking Rees-Mogg will invite you to a polo match.

Sensitive bunch those Joots. Fif**** day ban after visiting pikeymad after the AZ game and giving friendly banter.

So Hearts kept the Scottish flag of underachieving in europe alive for us with a defeat to Zurich last night, which sees them fall into the conference league, what a load of shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Trickle down economics my erse.

Believing in the coefficient and money being spent by the cheeks for anything other than their own benefit is akin to buying your cooncil hoose and some BT shares and thinking Rees-Mogg will invite you to a polo match.
    Couldn't have put it better or more simply myself and yet there are many who still fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Sensitive bunch those Joots. Fif**** day ban after visiting pikeymad after the AZ game and giving friendly banter.
    I was the same pal,fourt een day ban for banter,finally allowed back last night at 9pm,bunch of grassing c unts.
    Fit have i missed?

Page 842 of 949 FirstFirst ... 342742792832840841842843844852892942 ... LastLast