+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 756 of 949 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 9482

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Players like Joe could well find a bit more drive once we change from a manager with a loser attitude.
    Choosing Joe as captain is just another in DMs list o failings. Not Joe’s fault.
    I agree. Not sure how you take the captaincy off him though.

With ease. You tell him we need a stronger captain and we need him to get back to playing a lot better than he has been or he is out the door. It will keep him on his toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Add Joe Lewis to the list of players who's time is up. Worst captain we've had in years.

I'd keep Hoban, Ferguson, McCrorie, Hedges, and maybe try to sign Kamberi and give a contract to Anderson if he'll take it. Who knows whether McGeouch is worth keeping, McInnes never seems to give him a shot.

GK
    RB Hoban CB LB
    RW Ferguson McCrorie Hedges
    Kamberi Anderson

That's a start.

However, I suspect that out of those players the only one who is more than 75% likely to still be here next season is McCrorie.
    The form of Lewis has tumbled since he got the captaincy - as has outfield performance. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

So, before we dump clearly the best keeper we’ve had in many a year, take the captaincy off him, give it to Ferguson, and let Joe concentrate on what he’s good at - keeping the ball out the net.

Agree we need a proper RB & LB. attacking players who like to get forward and get the ball in the box / WITH DECENT DELIVERY.

Don’t think Hoban will stay but we should try. Need another 2 CB’s. I’d try for McManus at Murderwell. Probs say no but got to try. Big changes needed there. We need guys who are comfortable on the ball so we can get away from hoofball - so no Considine or Taylor for starters.

We cannot go with Ferguson and McCrorie in centre mid unless part of a 3. The two of them are too similar and about as creative as a tree. We need some flair in there.

We need to try to go get Watkins. He was the difference this season. If Kamberi keeps it up I’d look at him to replace Wright. If Hedges will extend (give him a buy out clause) then I think those 3 can give us what Hedges, Watkins and Wright gave us at the start of the season. If Hedges won’t extent we need to sell and go get a replacement. We cannot have the Wright situation ever again.

Combine that with genuine attacking pace and intent out wide (I think Hayes still has something to offer with the right players around him, maybe Kennedy too) and a ball player in the middle and we might get somewhere.

Oh - all conditional on getting a new manager too of course. I’d probably offer Anderson one more year, but only if McInnes is gone as it’s pointless otherwise.

Major changes required, if that there is no doubt. At least given the contract situation we have the opportunity to make those changes...

I take it you mean Gallagher at Murderwell and not Mcmanus?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I take it you mean Gallagher at Murderwell and not Mcmanus?
    Aye, Gallagher.

Nae sure where I got McManus from, 🤔😂

See St Johnstone 1-nil up dont want them to win just because of Bryson ! Why should he get a medal !

Standard was dreadful but best team won.

Martindale will end up at Alloa in a season or two if he's lucky.

Fair play to SJ. That's two trophies since McInnes has been with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

I watched that. Two cups, including one big one in 6 years for Saints...while we have managed two solitary diddies in 31. Incidentally that was a practically uninterupted stream for the full 90..,yet my Red Tv Intl stream has been consistently unwatchable for months. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Have to admit I thought Martindale might be a good choice for us with the run he had them on but it’s starting to look like it was just a purple patch.

Well done to St Johnstone but it’s embarrassing they have won more trophies this century than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Have to admit I thought Martindale might be a good choice for us with the run he had them on but it’s starting to look like it was just a purple patch.

Well done to St Johnstone but it’s embarrassing they have won more trophies this century than we have.
    Just confirms what an underachiever we have in charge. Even the cup he won says Aberdeen 0

Page 756 of 949 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast