+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Davis has gone

Glad that SD has left but are we out of the frying pan in to the fire. A new manager with no experience and a squad with no confidence just 7 points from non league football . A very big risk by the board I hope it works but I fear the worst, This is the last throw of the dice .

Why! Does a club like Crewe need an Assistant Manager talk about Old Blue eyes ! No wonder they don't have money to buy new players.

Brilliant well done

We don't need to pay for a fly by night manager who would have probably wanted a sign on fee and relocation/hotel expenses. We need someone who can motivate the players and win games. That is it.

The board have had enough stick and so time to get behind them, the new management and the players of course. I think Artell and Lunt is an excellent appointment and will not cost that much extra as they are already employed by the club and know it inside out. Lunt was Dario's right hand man on the pitch and so a very creative mind and I do think this management team will IF necessary put the fear of God into the players IF they see they are not performing as they should. I think a top half finish is now likely and maybe even the playoffs. But that's OK if they don't and we are seeing more football being played on the pitch and a more dynamic and competitive approach.

Its also possible that SD and NC could be offered something back in the academy or exchange roles IF they feel its not a retrograde step too much and it will enable them to put food on the table and its still a great way to make a living.

I'm very optimistic and pleased it was sorted before it was too late. Yes there will be some results that go against us but its a new broom and they should be given time.

I agree wholeheartedly that SD was way past his sell before date. For all the talk of lack of support from the board it must be
    recognised that thirty odd players were brought in and only Guthrie has proved to be a first team regular. Perhaps less quantity and more quality would have worked better. Secondly SD never got the team organised. Cant defend free kicks or corners. Cant take free kicks or throw-ins. We lack skillful attacking mid fielders ( Waters anyone?) Finally, and not least, terrible substitutions and tactics.,

Very pleased to read David Artell's first interview and his 'magpie' comment.
    He accepts his supposed failings - having never been in management - but he also offers a direction and a will to listen and learn.

It's interesting, on here, to read the negatives and portents of doom. It's as if these posters had some prior knowledge or future failings. Instead of talking/writing through their rear orifices, maybe they should sit back and see what happens.

Great appointments. Board should be applauded and let's get behind them on Sat. Difficult start but onwards and upwards.

Shame Lowey has had to throw his toys out publicly. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't angling for the move to Bury.

AL when in the past you were posting positive posts about the improvements that you coukd see about to come to fruitition under SD and JC which were obviously wrong and totally negative, did that meam you were talking/writing though your .... ....... ?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Great appointments. Board should be applauded and let's get behind them on Sat. Difficult start but onwards and upwards.

Shame Lowey has had to throw his toys out publicly. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't angling for the move to Bury.
    I am very surprised Lowe did that and won't win any praise from the board for doing so. The way he sounded was as though there was a change in the wind a few weeks ago. I'm not sure where he got the idea from that he could go straight into the managers job or even the assistant given the wealth of ex players we have already have. And it does sound as if he was angling the Bury job in front of the board. I don't like that approach myself as its like blackmail. Whether it will affect his optional second year contract as a player we don't yet know? I don't think it did him any favours though and he may well be off to Bury now.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I am very surprised Lowe did that and won't win any praise from the board for doing so. The way he sounded was as though there was a change in the wind a few weeks ago. I'm not sure where he got the idea from that he could go straight into the managers job or even the assistant given the wealth of ex players we have already have. And it does sound as if he was angling the Bury job in front of the board. I don't like that approach myself as its like blackmail. Whether it will affect his optional second year contract as a player we don't yet know? I don't think it did him any favours though and he may well be off to Bury now.
    Whilst I don't particularly want him to leave, he hasn't exactly set the league alight. We can't build a team around a 38 yr old. Suppose the million to one shot happens, a 39 yr old centre forward in Lg 1??
    I'd rather he stayed, but I for one won't be shedding tears if he goes.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast