+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you know what?

DA was brought in on a short term contract, ending at the end of this season to evaluate, report on the academy wrt efficiency, coaching, value, sustainability etc.
    What his title was I'm not sure.

To be correct...he was actually appointed as Academy Operations Manager back in July 2014.

If Artell was indeed preparing an evaluation report on the Academy, who will ensure it is completed and recommendations actioned (provided, of course, the Board signs them off)? That said, who was Head of the Academy before Collins was offered the job? Was it Dario, and has the FA suspension meant he has relinquished that role permanently? I have no axe to grind here, but in view of the long-running debate on the Academy, it would be interesting to know, not least because the vacancy has seemingly and conveniently arisen just as Collins has been removed from his Assistant Manager role.
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 18-01-2017 at 08:42 AM. Reason: amending typo

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    If Artell was indeed preparing an evaluation report on the Academy, who will ensure it is completed and recommendations actioned (provided, of course, the Board signs them off)? That said, who was Head of the Academy before Collins was offered the job? Was it Dario, and has the FA suspension meant he has relinquished that role permanently? I have no axe to grind here, but in view of the long-running debate on the Academy, it would be interesting to know, not least because the vacancy has seemingly and conveniently arisen just as Collins has been removed from his Assistant Manager role.
    Obviously, whatever Artell was doing, now needs to be covered by someone else. He was, as has been said, Academy Operations Manager. The post was very much centred around the finances of the Academy, and I'd read that he'd been able to put into effect some cost-trimming. I very much doubt if that's the post James Collins will have been offered - his field is coaching, whilst Artell has more strings to his bow. In Dario's absence, clearly whatever he still did - such as coaching particular age-groups - will need to be covered. Dario, apart from being a director, was also - I believe - Director of Coaching, overseeing the coaching, and the development of the coaches themselves; sort of, overall 'quality control'.
    Since it's probably not possible to put a time on Dario's return - if at all - maybe behind the scenes, they've agreed that someone needs to be doing that job. It could be that they've offered that to Collins, as he's well-qualified for it; but who knows, he might be thinking that he still wants to be working with adult players somewhere - Steve Holland was the same - and he's considering Crewe's offer as well as others.

Cosy club

Quote Originally Posted by bigroof View Post
    Obviously, whatever Artell was doing, now needs to be covered by someone else. He was, as has been said, Academy Operations Manager. The post was very much centred around the finances of the Academy, and I'd read that he'd been able to put into effect some cost-trimming. I very much doubt if that's the post James Collins will have been offered - his field is coaching, whilst Artell has more strings to his bow. In Dario's absence, clearly whatever he still did - such as coaching particular age-groups - will need to be covered. Dario, apart from being a director, was also - I believe - Director of Coaching, overseeing the coaching, and the development of the coaches themselves; sort of, overall 'quality control'.
    Since it's probably not possible to put a time on Dario's return - if at all - maybe behind the scenes, they've agreed that someone needs to be doing that job. It could be that they've offered that to Collins, as he's well-qualified for it; but who knows, he might be thinking that he still wants to be working with adult players somewhere - Steve Holland was the same - and he's considering Crewe's offer as well as others.
    Sounds very much like the Cosy Club- Assistants to Assistants

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell View Post
    cos the sites full of adverts.

posts become personal

its taken me ages to log back in, ive lost the will to post.

g ray - wheres he been.

their second goal was clearly over the dead ball line -I sit at the railway end looking along the line.

at least we looked like we were playing as a team

onward and upward
    RE,site full of adverts,download *******plus,works for me. ad block plus, just been censored
    Last edited by NEVTHEDEV; 20-01-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: censorship

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234