+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Ryan Christie

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    The general consensus on here was that Christie wasn't good enough to warrant us trying to sign him permanently in the summer. It was probably never an option although I suspect his future at Celtic was in the balance. Now with the glorious benefit of hindsight we are responsible for developing a player for Celtic...who apparently wasn't good enough for us when he left.
    I don't think that was ever the general consensus on here, regarding Christie, ragnarok. One or two pant p1shers on here reckoned he threw in the towel in the latter half of last season, but I think the more measured opinion of him was that he was simply out of form latterly, feck all to do with attitude etc etc.

McInnes was always going to be damned if he was, damned if he wasn't re Christie. Looked like we were pretty close to getting him on a permanent deal in the summer of 2017 as part of the Hayes deal, and then again 6 months ago. And but for a quirk of fate, he might have arrived this Jan, or next summer.

To quote Mark McGhee, sliding doors moment, and all that.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 04-12-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    It was his celebration that really irked me. A disrespectful horrible wee sod.
    Quite a few folk said the same in the aftermath of the game on sunday. Me? Didn't upset me in the slightest, he ran towards his own fans. He was never an AFC player anyway, only on loan.

Scott Bain, however, different kettle of fish. Gestured to the AFC fans behind him at the final whistle. I don't recall him getting any gype of us?
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 04-12-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Scott Bain, however, different kettle of fish. Gestured to the AFC fans behind him at the final whistle. I don't recall him getting any gype of us?
    Maybe to do with the fact he was just chucked by the club with no warning after thinking there was going to be a new contract on the table. That's what he said in an interview last week anyway. He didn't seem happy how it ended

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Quite a few folk said the same in the aftermath of the game on sunday. Me? Didn't upset me in the slightest, he ran towards his own fans. He was never an AFC player anyway, only on loan.

Scott Bain could walk by me in the street and I wouldn't recognise him. It's galling that he has more chance of winning things than Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Maybe to do with the fact he was just chucked by the club with no warning after thinking there was going to be a new contract on the table. That's what he said in an interview last week anyway. He didn't seem happy how it ended
    Yeah, aware of that. Should have aimed his gesture to Craig Brown then, or DM, or wheover was the manager when he was binned. Nout to do with us fans.

I'm going to go against the flow here. Christie is having a bit of a purple patch at the moment but if everyone is fit I don't see him as any more than a squad player for celtic. Their aspirations is Champions League and they will recruit accordingly - sorry but don't see Christie at that level. Once Brown/Ntcham are fully fit Christie is back on the bench

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314